BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I leaned the rod up on the side of my car and told my self "Self, don't forget that there." I took the waders off. Put on some comfy shoes. A quick pee in the bushes.Grab a snack and a drink for the drive home... Dumb-ass. I forgot it there and didn't realize what i had done until i hit Dewdney Trunk. The reel was a little burned out but the rod was the old man's. I know it's a slim chance but if anyone did, or knows of someone who found a rod about 150 meters up from the RR bridge, leave a message. I'd be forever greatfull. I'm new to fishing and have just learned a huge and crappy lesson. One, i have come to find over the past few day's, i'm not alone on. Even if you don't have info, misery loves company and id welcome to hear your similar stories.(if you have one)

·
Registered
134 Posts
I leaned the rod up on the side of my car and told my self "Self, don't forget that there." I took the waders off. Put on some comfy shoes. A quick pee in the bushes.Grab a snack and a drink for the drive home... Dumb-ass. I forgot it there and didn't realize what i had done until i hit Dewdney Trunk. The reel was a little burned out but the rod was the old man's. I know it's a slim chance but if anyone did, or knows of someone who found a rod about 150 meters up from the RR bridge, leave a message. I'd be forever greatfull. I'm new to fishing and have just learned a huge and crappy lesson. One, i have come to find over the past few day's, i'm not alone on. Even if you don't have info, misery loves company and id welcome to hear your similar stories.(if you have one)
I live a couple hundred feet away from there I will ask around for ya :cheers:

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Go back and post up some posters with your contact info and if possible a pic of your gear. That got me back the 6(!) rods I left at the Stave Lake boat launch three days later thanks to an honest guy who saw my posters.

·
Registered
21 Posts
thats crappy dude i had a couple buddys over the years loose there rods in the same fashion we asked around put up poster and never saw them again but maybe youll get lucky knock on wood

·
Registered
47 Posts
I dropped my cel phone on the boat launch in mission on wednsday went pack 20-30 min later and it was still there with a bottle collector 30 feet away washing his bottles in the river.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I did the exact same thing but I was saved by a squeak. As I slowly pulled out from my parking spot I heard squeeaak along the back window. I hit the brakes, looked in the mirror, and there was my rod. The squeak was a guide rubbing along the glass. That was a close one!

Hope you get yours back!

·
Registered
84 Posts
When I was young, I figured out where my dad hide his expensive telescopic rod (ocean perch fishing in asia). One weekend, I waited till he was out. I took the rod, hopped on my bmx, and went to my favorite spot to fish for perch. I did not use my own as I believe his rod was longer so he got better fishing spot.

I did not have much luck. Just some tiny fish and lots of puffer fish. Notice it was time to go as my dad should be home soon, I putted my catches down, all my gears on the ground, unlocked my bmx, put all my catches in my backpack and quickly bike home. When I got to the front door, I realized I did not pack the rod and reel. Quickly went back (30 minutes of ride) and the setup was gone.

A week later, I got my whooping.......

·
Registered
555 Posts
I left 4 fly rods completely strung up and ready to fish leanin' on a sign at Whonnock lake a few years ago. I didn't notice until I got home and unpacked everything else, then I raced back to find them still there. Luckily I live close, cause I'm sure they wouldn't of been there for long.

·
Registered
49 Posts
First time, yes, it happened more than once......:eek:.....was at Summit lake in Nakusp. Threw my brand new 6wt. on top of the truck so it would be safe..yes, safe. Buddy and I decided we needed more beer so off we went on the 15 min ride into town. Just as we rolled into town, I remembered. Oh that gut wrenching panic feeling. Gotta love that! Scrambled in and out of the liquor store and raced back. No luck though. Gone forever. Second time, same bloody thing! You'd think I would have learned! This time it was at Beaver lake by Rutland. Left my 7wt. and the brand new spinning outfit my wife gave me for Xmas on the roof as i went down the road a bit to get cell reception. Same gut wrenching panic! Went up and down to road but no luck. It was only 2 km from the camp with no traffic! Just as I went to the office to post up some signs, the receptionist said her boyfriend just found two rods on the road back to town. He could have just kept them but brought them right back to me at our campsite! You don't understand the feeling of relief! He wouldn't accept anything so I gave a hundred dollars to his girlfriend at the office. Small price to pay for getting 500$ of fishing gear back.

so don't feel bad, it happens to all of us at some point. I remember a story where a guy got his rods back after posting some signs along the Vedder trails. Maybe it was arrgh!'s story I recall. Either way, what have you got to lose, that you haven't already! :D Good luck to you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts