BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinkin about headin around two-bit bar area this evening. Any suggestions on methods in the lower for socks??

I mean anything - I was thinkin of krill under a float, but I'm not too sure

Any suggestions would be appreciated

· Registered
249 Posts
I'm not sure you'd be too successful today, Wookie. There was a commercial fishery yesterday and two-bit is just up river from where the majority of the fishing took place. It may be slowwwwww.

It's ironic you asked, becuase I just posted a question a few days ago asking fishing around two-bit and poplar bar becuase I live in the Glen Valley. However, it seems there's not much action there in general, or at Duncan bar or Crescent Island.

If you do go, let us know how you make out.

· Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For all the talk about commercial openings I still saw tons of fish last night. I went to 2-bit area and saw schools jumping all over the place.......and of course soom after 2 seals showed up and ruined my fun.

One solid hit, wasn't a sucker or bullhead, thats for damn sure...forgot my bar rigs though so I had to get creative with the gear.

Destroyed my shoes cause I got caught at high tide in the dark...had to wade through quicksand without light....good times

There out there!

· Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
not too sure, but some dude there said he's caught Sockeye using the same method as around ChilliwaK, BUT WITH A SMALLER WEIGHT. Apparently, the fly-fishing isn't too bad, but you gotta get there around lot tide, as the current moves a lot faster and its easier to get out to the main channel.

I was there on Friday, and again, so many fish out there!

· Registered
898 Posts
Ok what would be the lightest gear you could use there for Sockeye
ie line and weight

· Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
not too sure, but one guy had 12 pound test on, with about a 1/4 or 1/2 oz weight attd to a long leader w/a corkie. Same idea as BB further up but w/ a smaller weight to account for the slower flow

· Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tons of fish moving up the system!

I was at 2 BIT and every 2 mins I saw one surface, from 8 am until around 1 pm, no exageration!

however, getting one to bite is another story

caught quite a few white fish and one decent t rount on the fly though, so I wansn't too bored

- Wookie

· Registered
696 Posts
Bowmans was FANTASTIC all weekend but you had to LONG BOMB em that's what worked for us, each day i had min of 6 people 7 sun 7 mon got our limit every morning.
two of us stayed anchored in the boat at all times just in case anchored right next to the stump. Red Boat

· Registered
1,437 Posts
We found the same thing in the upper river Roscoe ....... 8:00 - 10:00 AM was OK closer in ...... but as the air & water warmed up ..... the long bomb was needed to reach the fish. Cooler water and more protection out far maybe??

GOFISH 8)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.