BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you have had luck in the lower fraser by pitt meadows Maple Ridge? I have a boat but don't want to spend the $$$ in gas to get it up to Chilliwack every weekend. I figure if my chances are descent I can alternate between upper and lower fraser.

Cheers

·
Registered
138 Posts
please let me know if you get any decent info on the lower Fraser. I'm from Surrey, and I don't have a boat, so most of my fishing will be done from shore. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you search Lower Fraser on this site you will find some info on fishing from shore. Ie. Brownsville Bar.

I am looking for boat fishing info for anywhere on the lower fraser. Anyone??

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess what I am asking is if it is worth my time to hunt for springs in the lower fraser around Pitt Meadows / Maple Ridge? Or should I just head up to Chilliwack?

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Get yourself some Gibbs illusion spoons in size 45 and 55 and head to the Stave River. Fish at the mouth by the train bridge. Give the spoons lots of action by lifting and dropping the rod tip slightly during the retrieve. There is a lot of crap on the bottom there as well as a lot of very sharp edged blast rock, but you do need to be close to the bottom. Cast and wait for the first touch of the bo0ttom then quickly start your retreive. Time the tides and you might get be surprised at the results.....Ortho 8)

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Berry's bait and tackle fishing report(604-638-5899) says there have been a few smaller springs caught in the lower bars of the fraser but it would be more worth it to join the thousands up near chilliwack reports from there sound excellent!!!!

C.K.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts