BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to take the rod out and see how the setup worked yesterday afternoon for pinks. I hadn't tried this one just yet.. hit the river road area just as the tide started coming in, casted for about 2 hrs. Saw one fish taken a couple hundred yards up from a small spot in the bushs, looked to be a pink, but couldn't be certain. Saw a couple salmon jump and 4 Sturgeon, but none of them were huge, maybe 4 feet max. Was nice to get out and just watch the river for a bit..... perhaps it might be a bit more productive next week. Oh and the combo I wasn't sure about seemed to cast pretty decent, also this spot seemed to come back, 6 years ago it was awesome, but after that it was horribly snaggy and I lost a far amount of lures out there. Now, not so much, made a couple hundred casts and no snags, also looks like a spot I could flyfish as they always come within feet of shore there, you know, cause I can't cast worth.... ;D

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hey can anyone suggest some decent shore access points for flycasting on the lower? I can always find roomat Derby Reach, etc. but they have never really been productive for me. PM if you prefer, your secrets are safe with me ;)

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just a quick update. Was back out again today for a bit, saw some more risers, a bit more than last week, and more Sturgeon. But no takers for me, but I am getting used the tossing spoons with the mini levelwind, getting it out there further than with the spinning reel now... ::) ;D

G

·
reelangler said:
Has anyone been out lately?!?! Wanting to know if there will be many pinks in the river by this weekend. Should I head to the Harrison or Squamish for pinks????
I was on the lower fraser this afternoon for a few hours, and mangaed to hook one pink and lose it, also got a nice chrome white fish as well. Lots rising but not biting to much, caught it on FLYGUY's lime green wolly bugger A BIG ONE !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
It was sure nice to be out on the river with the fly rod today. I am glad the fly worked for you. Hopefully the other ones will get you into fish on the squamish. flies used today where either a pink or lime green wooly bugger in size 6 and 8

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.