BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
i have fished in the interior on some good lakes for Bows. But when it comes to the lower mainland I am not sure of some lakes to catch some bows. I have my brother coming out from the east and we have one day to go out..wish it was more though. I was thinking sasamat as it is close and fairly small. We'll have a pontoon and a float tube. we don't want a lake like lafarge as it is too much in the city. Just a spot where we have good chances on getting some bows and not on Pinetree way looking at cars.....Any thoughts would be appreciated.... :beerchug:

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
when is he coming?? that would help with lakes to suggest as some of the ones im thinking of may be frozen or hard to get to still.

heres a good tool for looking up lakes across BC :thumbup:

http://www.bcadventure.com/adventure/angling/stillwater/index.phtml

when you click on the lakes listed it will sometimes list other smaller lakes in the immediate area. click Weaver lake for instance and it lists Wolf, Grace, and Francis which are all close by I have fished wolf (wouldnt recommend) and Grace(great very little lake with small but plentiful fish) have not fished Francis yet but will probably try it out this year. This site does not list ALL the lakes in any particular area but lists quite a bit of them.

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
Mike can be extremely tough fishing on some days though :thumbup: which makes for a fun lake for fly fisherman. Rolley is finicky also but not as much you can usually find something that will work all day long consistently. Buntzen is best for trolling i havent had much luck cast/retrieving there.

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
oh damn then try out Mike that should be a hot time for this lake. take chronies, mayflies, leeches, dragons....blah blah blah and dont forget some dry flies. this has been the only lake i have managed to use dries on so far. its a very small lake and can be covered easily. I would take anywhere from size 16 to 10 for chronies in Black/silver, black/red, and a few other staple colour patterns. let us know how you make out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.