BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried drift-fishing off the shore for salmon around this time of year. It's been a while since I've been out and it's real close to home. I was considering going out to the end of Harris Rd. in Pitt Meadows with my centre pin to give it a try. If anyone has any info that'd be great. If not I will report back hopefully within the next week.

Thanks

·
Retired Administrator
4,447 Posts
Thats a loaded question. Well my friend, you'd have to check the regs to find that out. You'll need to check both tidal and non tidal salmon regs as well as the freshwater regs to get a full picture. It's better that you do this than get it from the forums as interpretations will vary from one person to the next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Thats a loaded question. Well my friend, you'd have to check the regs to find that out. You'll need to check both tidal and non tidal salmon regs as well as the freshwater regs to get a full picture. It's better that you do this than get it from the forums as interpretations will vary from one person to the next.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well that's an interesting point, BGM. I was up camping in the Upper Pitt a couple of months ago and I've always heard it was C&R only but when I got home and looked in my paper copy of the regs I could find nothing about it. Anyone else like to let me know the facts?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All I saw in the regs was that there is a bait ban upstream of Pitt Lake.

Notice: This thread is about the lower Pitt River, not the upper. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
If the plan is to target coho then check the freshwater salmon supplement, if the plan is trout then if nothing is listed in the special regs general region 2 regs will apply.

Can't be much more help than that as I have never fished around Pitt Lake (for salmonids anyways)

Good luck if you head out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts