BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Casted flies around the lower Squamish today.Good vis probably like 4-5 feet and very few people around.Not so many signs of fish around but i did manage 2 good looking chummers.Also managed to snag a lemon,yes a lemon a yellow lemon.Anyone know what the limit is for yellow lemonfish?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Casted flies around the lower Squamish today.Good vis probably like 4-5 feet and very few people around.Not so many signs of fish around but i did manage 2 good looking chummers.Also managed to snag a lemon,yes a lemon a yellow lemon.Anyone know what the limit is for yellow lemonfish?
Non-retention

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hey guys and gals I cant believe this thread has such a short life span. I was out on my local flow the other day looking for the elusive lemon/lime fish when it occured to me that the run was over. I was pleasantly surprised,however to hook into several Mandarin Orange Fish. They are quite abundant at this time of year. But be careful----as most of you are aware there are two varieties of this species--the original Japanese Mandarin and the hatchery produced Chinese Mandarin. Only the hatchery oranges are open for retention with a limt of 4 per day. The originals must be carefully released.
Of course single barbless hooks are also mandatory. The peak of the run appears to be dec. 25th. Good luck.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Sorry Junebug-- I am going to have to report you to the RAOEP line. (Report All Orange Eating Poachers) Not only is taking the original Mandarin Illegal, it also takes the valuable wild genes out of the gene pool. Shame Shame

1 - 9 of 9 Posts