BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Casted flies around the lower Squamish today.Good vis probably like 4-5 feet and very few people around.Not so many signs of fish around but i did manage 2 good looking chummers.Also managed to snag a lemon,yes a lemon a yellow lemon.Anyone know what the limit is for yellow lemonfish?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hey guys and gals I cant believe this thread has such a short life span. I was out on my local flow the other day looking for the elusive lemon/lime fish when it occured to me that the run was over. I was pleasantly surprised,however to hook into several Mandarin Orange Fish. They are quite abundant at this time of year. But be careful----as most of you are aware there are two varieties of this species--the original Japanese Mandarin and the hatchery produced Chinese Mandarin. Only the hatchery oranges are open for retention with a limt of 4 per day. The originals must be carefully released.
Of course single barbless hooks are also mandatory. The peak of the run appears to be dec. 25th. Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.