BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the call out at 10:30 AM yesterday that my fishin bud was off work and on route. I figured I'd bring my first ever cured roe to see how it held up. Met him at KWB :eek:to see what was coming up and there was plenty of fish all through out the lower canal as the water was higher than I would have thought. I brought my spinning gear as back up so we decided to go way down the **** and chuck spoons for a bit as there were silver bullets jumping everywhere. Turned out to be a good decision for him, 4 casts in a fresh 9lb wild buck put on quite the show before being released, folowed by 2 7-8lb hatchery doe's on his hammered brass fire stripe 3/8 Croc. My equally trustworthy Koho 55 illusion did not have the same appeal apparently, nor did my last attempt with roe floated in desperation, despite the trail of yummy briney juices weeping off into their lair. I only had a couple of hours, and I did pinch his roe for a revamp of my roe curing techniques. All in all a good day and my spinning gear had not seen any action since the pink run 09. I don't do the canal usually but with all the springs and arriving chum pushing the Coho around in the upper river....... Go "Coho Canal" :thumbup:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts