BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lower Vedder pinks

Lower vedder have any good numbers of pinks as of yet? Thinking sunday with my new sinking line for the fly rod! I need lots of practice so i figured i'd warm up in the channel! Maybe the odd coho might show up as well! :thumbup:

CK

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Lower Vedder pinks

HMMMMMMMMMMMM Well looks like the squish it might be then!

·
Registered
102 Posts

Went up the Vedder from Noon till 5pm. went to keith wilson, water is very clear, one guy was fishing there but I told him I couldn't see any fish sitting in the hole from the top of the bridge. Walked down a couple of hundred yards, and check out a few other holes, everything was clear but no fish surfacing. The water needs to drop a few more feet before the gong show starts in a few weeks.

Drove up to Allison pool, looked around and saw nothing sitting in the hole. So drove up to "slaughter hole" and saw a bunch of people there. Watched for a bit and saw a bunch of dark Springs moving around with my polarized glasses so decided to throw a few casts. These things weren't really biting they looked tired. I tossed it across the river where I saw seven of them with a short float, and I hooked up probably a 40lbr. It jumped twice everyone goes "woah", it scared the lot of them down the river, and I lost it as it went down the rapids. I only saw 2 of these things landed. Then I took off for the day.

Coming back over Keith Wilson, I saw two guys wading in the water with their flyrods. But I didn't stop. Had my fun for the day. I'll come back in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
36 Posts

been on the vedder all last week scouting, haven't seen anything below vedder crossing, all up river and looking very tired the odd silver but not many saw a couple of jacks caught around ranger but other than that not much. i to have been looking for the nice water, found some below train bridge, old cotton wood and lickman, not at the parking lot but up river a bit between lickman and peach. Not much happening between keith wilson and freeway bridge, but lots of room on the fly. hopefully with the sockeye closure it won't be quit the gong show LOL, but we all know it will be. Hope this gives you some help. B

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.