BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Fellas, just looking at heading out to do some stillwater fly fishing and was wondering where abouts I should head on Saturday...I was at Weaver in Late June and the fishing was alright but everything was so small (6") so I have never been to Ross before but thought that might be to far of a drive for the day and have never been, so anyone else want to give me there 2 cents where to head with my 12' boat?

Cheers

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone know anything about Dickson Lake, north of Dewdney? has anyone fished it and can you get a 12' boat in it? I was also looking at Hicks and deer lake for some trout? anyone have any other good suggestions?

·
Registered
694 Posts
I wrecked 2 rods and a trailer trying to get to Dickson, also got slugged by an old drunk, but that's a long story. As for local lakes you'll be taking your chances, as they are probably too warm or the fish have gone low. You could still try jones, or any of the Stave little lakes, sayres, Morgan, florence, access isn't real good, or the others by Weaver, mind you they will be smaller fish. Weaver does have some nice sized fish in it, you just have to go a little deeper on the far side.

Maybe someone can give you a current update on the water level of Jones right now.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I should have said, Hicks can be fun and they do stock it, although I've never pulled any monsters from it :cheers:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Took my 4 yr old son in the boat on Mill lake last wednesday, he had a blast with all the fish. He really enjoyed the turtles that were on the stump in the middle of the lake had to circle that stump about 30 times.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well i headed up to Weaver Saturday morning and while the weather was perfect the fishing was not so great. The only fish we could manage to catch were about 6" if we were lucky. We did see a few guys pulling tin manage to catch a few 10"ers but that was about it, pretty slow, but always better than a day at home.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.