BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I know gonna hear about how sensative the fishery is but, can anyone give me any idea as to the possabilities for fishing this creek?
Getting a new 5 weight this summer and thought it might be worth checking out any addvice as to species and numbers in there would be helpful. PM responses would be fine for those nervous about posting on this stream but I could realy use some info.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I was thinkin the same thing. I've been recently working in N.Van and the water looks supreme everytime I drive by it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the water is usualy by this time of year rapidly becoming not much more than a trickle but seems higher this year. It is nice and clean compared to some places and I was thinking that there must at least be a few resident Cutthroat in it.

G

·
if you go up it and cross the suspention bridge there is this pool where people swim in just below the crazy stair climb ive seen lots of little fish bombing through it

·
Registered
225 Posts
it's a gear/fly creek only. there are some fish in there. wandering the accessible parts of the canyon above the old dump would be my suggestion. twin falls and down would be best in my estimation. I've chucked feathers in there on a couple of occasions. small cutty's and a bow. small. beautiful canyon though. there were quite a few chum in the lower portions this past fall. more that I can ever recall seeing. I was planning on spending a little time in there myself as I live in NV and regularily walk the dog along the creek. that's about all I can offer.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TY theweev thats about all I was asking for just an assurance that fish can be found in there, I have fished both the neighbouring rivers and pulled out a Salmonoid or two but mostly just resident cutties allthough never a bow, lucky you.
I am not a meat fisherman never have been and will be more than happy to see a 12 incher if I get in there this summer, maybe we will see ya as it is your back yard.
I am in Bby. so it is just a hop skip thats why I am inquiring.

·
Registered
225 Posts
if we do cross paths on any of the local flows, i'm usually w/ my dog Tua, the golden Labradoodle. In the fall she is often sporting a superman rain cape. pretty rediculous ::) but easy to spot. best of luck. :beerchug:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.