BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I am new to the fishing scene and fairly new to the vancouver area. I was curious if there is any fish in Lynn Creek and also what is the fishing like in the Seymour River. I spend a good deal of time on the North Shore so those seem like the best fresh water fishing spots (besides Rice Lake). Thanks!

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Here is a quote from last year regarding Lynn creek in our reports section...(must have 20 posts+ to read)

ribwart said:
There is a small contingent of locals that care for the creek. It's runs are small and as it's name implies it is a small creek. Many of these locals have been working hard for many, many years to protect it. Spots are limited, and the system cannot support much angling pressure.

There are a great deal of systems throughout the lower mainland and Fraser Valley that have much stronger runs of fish, and can handle sustained pressure from the Fishing community. Personally I do not fish systems like the one mentioned above. By avoiding flows such as these, I satisfy my desire to have as little impact as possible on such delicate systems.

My opinion,

rib
Here's the link:

http://www.bcfishingreports.com/forum/index.php/topic,4823.0.html

Capilano and seymour are a couple of hatchery supplemented rivers close to Vancouver that support decent fisheries if your timing is right...

Good luck!

rib

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much for the info...I cant see those postings yet but I will check it out when I can. I agree that it should be left alone. Where are some good spots on the seymour (as long as they are not too private). I wont be fly fishing so I know there is a section of the river I cant use. Does anyone know if drifting with yarn flies works at all. I have used them up on the Campbell River on the island and they were money there!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.