BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I will be in Mackenzie from June 14th thru July 8th -
anyone familiar with all the "pothole" lakes what dot the shore of Williston Lake?

Other suggestions near there?

I was thinking of maybe stopping at Carp Lake on my way from P.G. to mackenzie... good option?

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Definately Carp lake would be my #1 destination. Lots of decent rainbows. Also good for burbot :D
Williston is good for many species.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Carp Lake

Good luck! Carp can be really good or horrible. You have to know where to fish. The ex and I went out for two hours and caught our limit, yet there were people we had spoken to who had spent the day out on the water and only caught 1 or 2. I don't generally like to give away a good spot, but seeing as I don't have access to a boat, I won't be going there any time soon...head straight out from the docks and look for a small island (it is more like a rock sticking out of the water with a few plants on it). It will be to your right. Troll back and forth around it, I guarantee it is THE spot to go. The rainbows were hitting hard on an orange and yellow spin and glow, weighted down with 3 oz. We also had a red wedding band out with 2 oz. That one didn't do as well, but still caught plenty. Happy fishing!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts