BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone hear anything from the Mamquam for Pinks this time of year? Thinkin about heading up tomorrow with my boy to wet my line and enjoy the weather. Any updates would help., thx.

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Mamquam is the general area you want to be in but, most, if not all, of the fish in there are now showing their full spawning colors. Many of these fish are already on their redds and spawning, or preparing to. They will stack in there thick and are often snagged by anglers fishing through heavy schools of fish.

If you were to fish the mainstem squamish you'd have a better chance of finding fresh fish moving in. Probably a fair number of nice clean silver fish still moving in on the tides.

The Fraser is producing a lot of fish right now as well. But the crowds are usually something you want to avoid, especially with a child along.

TK, a few more posts and you would be seeing some recent local reports on the area in the fishing reports section...maybe try the introductions forum, that'll help get you there. I've given you the gist of it though.

How are you going to fish for them?

rib

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks rib, I normally fly fish for them but since I have my boy with me, will probably drift some pink wool through my regular spot...any idea on the river levels and clarity?

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Britguy recently put up a report in the reports section, he would know clarity quite accurately from today I imagine. Throw him a pm. He caught a few, but did state that the squish has slowed down considerably. Those he did catch were clean though...so there are still some there. Try some of your small flies under the float, lighter pink, varying amounts of silver.

The takes can be subtle though, watch for the float to "wobble" if you aren't getting hard take downs... ;)

Let us know how you do...

rib

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.