BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the lake today around noon with both my boys and the wife in tow. As soon as we got there I noticed the risers not 20-25 feet from shore and could feel the hair on the back of my neck stand up...it's fishin' time :happy:

Got the kids all set up with some Berkley PB and a float then got to work setting up the the fly rod. 5 minutes later I was laying a size 14 elk hair caddis right where the fish were rising....bang, fish on.....3 seconds later...bang, fish off :wallbash: Not sure what happened other than he shook it.

Next fish took the same fly and I got him to shore. A nice 15" bow who went free. The kids have a limited attention span when fishing the lake so they decided to go for a walk with Mom and I got into two more fish before they came back, both just under 15" (I thought it might be the same fish twice, LOL).

There was an older gent in a canoe that kept crossing back and forth and he looked like he was doing ok as well. When he came ashore he had 5 on the stringer, but the biggest was about 12". I talked to him for a bit and he said he caught them on the fly (wouldn't say which kind) and also caught a few on a worm.

All in all a good day. I chucked a wooly that I had tied and also a beadhead hares ear on the sinking line and the hares ear got my 3rd fish. I thought about keeping him because by this time it was close to 3pm and I was getting hungry. Instead we settled for a chicken stirfly.

If the wind holds off I think we'll hit it again after the kids get out of school tomorrow.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.