BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, kinda new to the whole post thing but here t goes. I live in maple ridge and find myself with a lot of spare time recently, I know my way around the different setups ( float, BB, fly, spoon, troll, bait etc..) and have been fishing whonnock quite a bit recently with my little 12ft car topper row boat and, I'm not complaining, but I've kinda grown tired of crappies and the small-ish trout there, as well as having to load/unload my boat. Was just wondering by chance if there were any nice local spots? It would be nice for a change of scenery and some shore access..don't mind getting a little wet either!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Stave R. would be good for trout fishing at this time of the year. In 2~3 weeks time you can fish from Haney wharf for pinks.
Sturgeon Slough in the late afternoon or early morning fishes well for carp.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Take your car topper to the Vedder Canal. Launch off No. 3 rd in Chilliwack, and make your way to the confluence with Fraser River. There are Springs in the Vedder, they pass through the canal and its a pink year so you have a great September. Your boat is generally too small for the Fraser currents, but the Vedder mouth is perfect. I had a 12' aluminum and was able to fish there, Kilby Harrison and Nicomen Slough. You might be able to reach Pinks this Fall along the South shore of the Fraser. Perhaps Ft. Langley launch. I always felt the 9.9 Horse outboard was too weak but doable in the right place. Enjoy the pinks.

Good luck

·
Administrator
3,732 Posts
All part of the thrill of the chase MRidgeAngler and good luck on what you find. I'm sure you are familiar with
google maps? Can be your greatest adversary.

cheers Marko

·
Registered
352 Posts
x2 i have been to a few of these that were suggested in the spring as I took up fly fishing, and they are all good producers. Even for my self that is learning, i still managed a few.
Cheers, Moe

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Take your car topper to the Vedder Canal. Launch off No. 3 rd in Chilliwack, and make your way to the confluence with Fraser River. There are Springs in the Vedder, they pass through the canal and its a pink year so you have a great September. Your boat is generally too small for the Fraser currents, but the Vedder mouth is perfect. I had a 12' aluminum and was able to fish there, Kilby Harrison and Nicomen Slough. You might be able to reach Pinks this Fall along the South shore of the Fraser. Perhaps Ft. Langley launch. I always felt the 9.9 Horse outboard was too weak but doable in the right place. Enjoy the pinks.

Good luck
This might be bad advice considering he says he has a car topper row boat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts