BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

New guy here!! Ive been spending my summers at Mara Lake but just got into fly fishing. any tips on where i should try on mara lake or is there is any close streams/rivers that produce some fish for fly fishing??? and what flies have been producing?? Im headed out there this weekend. thanks in advance for the advice,

CHeers. Mitch

·
Retired Administrator
4,447 Posts
You'll want to try the Shuswap River or the mouth of the Adams River in Shuswap lake. Try single egg patterns for rainbows. Make sure to check the regs first as there are restrictions now that our precious Salmon have entered these waters.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Big Green Machine,

How do you access the mouth of the Adams River on Shuswap Lake? I'm heading up to the Shuswap on the weekend for a week. I would like to catch/release some rainbows. Also, what's a good time of day to go for the rainbows?

Thanks for any information you care to share.

Mitchy, welcome to the awesome world of flyfishing. Good luck to you as you learn the ways of the bug.

B-Daddy

ps. I have great respect for the sockeye, especially as they are becoming an "endangered species" down here in the lower mainland.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Access the mouth of the Adams at the provincial park- don't take the first entrance into the large lot but instead drive right down to the lake end of the park and pull into the small lot. A short walk get's you to the river mouth. Bring a fast sink line to get deep over the drop off. Single eggs, egg 'n' eye, egg sucking leeches all work well for me (alevin patterns in spring).

Sparky.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi guys,

i fished the mouth of the shushwap river at mara lake. I had lots of big squa fish...but thats all. I hope to get back out to that neck of the woods again soon. Fly fishing is by far the most addictive thing i have done!!! ill be sure to find some of those egg patterns. what about flies to target the lake trout at the mouth of that river?? thanks guys!!

cheers,
mitch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts