BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres a BIG THANK YOU to Hook, Wagonmaster and Wookie for taking us out today and showing us how its done! My husband and I have been out a number of times previously- to no avail. But today we BOTH caught our first steel! Was a great day and we enjoyed our selves very much - with such GREAT company! Thanks again guys! As you can see in the shot - something else caught the fish before me - lol. as it had a nice size chunk taken out of his side!
In this shot HOOK was helping to take the hooks from the fishes mouth - someone else had previously caught this same fish and lost it as there was more than just MY hook in the fishes mouth. (Boy this fish has gone through alot already - lol)

I caught mine on a pink worm and my husband caught his on one of the famous Bent rod jigs :thumbup:

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
Re: BIG Thank You!

your very welcome you 2 :thumbup: :thumbup:

it was a great day out there. the water had a bit of color and had come up almost a foot which was nice to see for sure. the best part of my day was helping these 2 losing their steel virginity :happy: That fish that fishnfvr got had been beat up alot in its lifetime by seals and fisherman thats for sure but what a trooper and still going strong, it not only had multiple hooks in its mouth it also had another large seal gash on the other side and lots of healed ones also :confused: man steelies are tough cookies. her husbands fish was definately not as old of a fish because it was prestine :thumbup: and just a gorgeous bar. the fish my dad got also had a very rough life with seals showing multiple attack marks, here are the pics of his fish. First pic is me being sneaky getting a pic with it right after i grabbed it and the next is him after its rock shampooing :happy:

his fish was the end of the day because Wookie and I couldnt find anymore hiding in thier homes :confused: GREAT company out there today :thumbup: :thumbup: when do you 2 wanna do this again?

·
Banned
2,859 Posts

hey shush you non Vedder fisherman LOL :happy: j/k buddy. yes i did say that somewhere else but i was more of a guide today so i brought the gear but will for sure be using the spey alot more here on out. definately alot more after the licences end and the crowds cut in half or less :thumbup:

·
Banned
2,859 Posts

that first fish had been attacked more than once by the marks on it and the hooks still in its jaws :naughty: it had several seal gashes but the one you see in the pic being the worst, but hey the fish was still all power and took off like a madman :thumbup: :thumbup: he will be making some big babies :beerchug:

i should have taken a pic of the stomach on my dads fish because she had a weird dip like a peice of her belly had been torn off when younger but i forgot and after he split the belly you couldnt tell.

the second fish was markless and very fresh and healthy which is why i think it was most likely a younger fish. The first one has been through alot of battles and won them all :happy: :happy:

·
Registered
1,736 Posts

awsome fish guys, congrats to the both of you to your first steelhead, HOOK save some for me, nice fish, congrats to you and your dad, way to go. all the fish look nice

seals are really killing the fish this year, thats alot of marks of alot of fish, kinda scarry.

·
Registered
247 Posts
hey guys when are we all going again??? i'm in for sunday the 16th, let us know fvr if tis works for u.guys. this weekend were doing the sportsman show and sunday may be break in the new pontoon day if we get them. :thumbup:
it was great to meet and fish with you two and nice to be involved in your 'CHERRY POPPING '. the sturgy thing sounds good too :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah the 16th sounds good - I will get in touch with you guys closer to the date! So nice we are no longer Steelhead virgins - lol. :thumbup:

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
we dont wanna get you into any buddy you'll just long line release them anyhow :happy: :happy: :happy:

you will bring one home this year im sure of it. you need to stop throwing guts and try something new man :beerchug:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.