BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
March 18 - Fishing the Alouette River

Hit the river sat & sunday most of the day.. Met a few guys along the way.. Just fished up from the bridge on harris.. Great little spots along there where ya can see em just swimmin & havin a blast lookin for food. On sat was pretty slow at first. Then about 11 am i nailed a good sized trout . about 8 lbs. not too shabby.. i saw this trick on a fishin show that morning. I put a small silver & black spinner & a little red bead just above a worm on a hook .. I was just tryin basic worm on a hook & a few spinners & nothing.. but combined the 2 & Wham fish on . form there i caught a few more small puppies. & as for sunday it was rainin alot.. But ya could see em all along the bttm. soo had a few bites but nothing to exciting... soo im gonna hit it up again this weekend & hope the weather is good & they are still around that area..
over all a not too shabby area to fish..
Thanks for the advice guys on where to go.
schlock..
:thumbup:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Fishing the Alouette River

I Mostly saw cutties. Guy up the river said he hit a few rainbow. & could see alot along his way. But they were biting non the less & u could see alot of em goin up the river as the tide changed. I didnt bother targeting steel cause guy at the shop siad not worth gettin a tag this late in the year. But he told me that just up the road at some 3rd bridge he said there alot of bass right now.. Hmmm? so im thinkin i might see where i can find this other bridge..

Thx hook for all the advice..
huge help
& sooo close to home..
tx

·
Registered
209 Posts

Right on, fished there few times last year and caught some small trout. Nice and quiet. Just liked being out there its so relaxing especialy on a sunny day.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts

It is nice to hear that you had a good day on the river. The guy at the shop must of been talking about sturgeon slough on Neaves road. It is the bridge just before swan-e-set golf course. PM me if you need further directions.

·
Banned
2,859 Posts

glad to hear your having success on that little river :thumbup: i might have to get myself over there with the 'toon and see if i can get something on the fly

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

thx guys for all the advice on that little river. I love it & it has plenty to choose from... Im gonna try & find that other bridge this weekend & mabey nail some bass... The guys at the shop taught me a few tricks & were very helpful ( thanks for the reviews on those shops. Id have never known they were around) You guys should come down & fish the river with me one of these weekends. Hey we should have a fish out along it. lol....
anyway thx for the advice & help for this little sweet spot.
schlock

·
Registered
3,386 Posts

I have caught several fish in the lower river many years ago on bait under a float near the Neaves Rd. area, and many of them were in the 3-4 lb. range....8 lbs. sounds like a small steelie to me..........Ortho 8)

·
Registered
1,168 Posts

fishortho said:
I have caught several fish in the lower river many years ago on bait under a float near the Neaves Rd. area, and many of them were in the 3-4 lb. range....8 lbs. sounds like a small steelie to me..........Ortho 8)
Yup part of the late run.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Maabey,, im still try to get used to the types of fish & wat each look like.. But yea this guy was a good size, my friend tried to snap a pic but just as he did i almost fell in the river & u cant see the fish at all.. . But yea he was prob about 6-8 lbs... some guy across from me even said thats nice size trout.. ( but mabey he just couldnt see it from where he was..... That would be cool if it was a steelie... well im prayin this weekend is just as good...
schlock

·
Registered
334 Posts
Re: March 18 - Fishing the Alouette River

Hmm, two trips to the Neaves road bridge area (south fork) and one to the Harris road bridge area and no luck. I haven't seen even one fish moving in the river. A guy caught a decent cutty near me, but I haven't even had a nibble yet. I'm new to this cutty thing. I guess I have a lot to learn.

If anyone has any sagely wisdom that they would care to pass on to a young fly-chucker with trout on the brain in the Port Coquitlam area, please send me a PM.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
34 Posts

Went for a wade between Harris and Neaves on the holiday Monday, only saw two fish rising and no takers. I'm going back on Saturday and drop my pontoon boat in at Neaves for a float downstream. Here's hopin!

·
Registered
3,812 Posts

badsamaritan said:
Went for a wade between Harris and Neaves on the holiday Monday, only saw two fish rising and no takers. I'm going back on Saturday and drop my pontoon boat in at Neaves for a float downstream. Here's hopin!
Be sure to check the tides before you head up. if there is a high tide coming in, the current can stall, or reverse (depending on tide height). Tide lags Pt Tkinson by about 1 hour 45 minutes, if I remember right.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.