BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the flow a little late today,got to the water and guess what,the spot I wanted to fish no one there.Rigged up one of my jigs that I tied last week,in this case purple and a bit of white and drifted right down over the big rock in the tail of the run,first cast to dip,fix the depth and again and right where I thought the fish was hit and fish on.
Fish put up a nice fight,after some time I was about to tail the fish and that is when the exitment started.
When i grabed the tail of this fish I saw this was no ordinary fish this was a trophy,I decide to take a quick pick.
I took one shot at the fish,quickly measured the lengtgh and he safly and strongly swam away to fight the curent to the spawning grounds. :yummy:
The fish had no previous hook wounds around or in the mouth area,so I'm guessing he wasn't hooked before,he was 39 1/2" long And even he had some colour to him he was a beauty still.
Had no luck for the rest of the day,exept the part where I diped my self into the river and found out the real reason why steelies didn't bite latly,the water is DAM COLD.
That ended my day early,here is a photo, sorry on poor quality.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Re: What a trophy

photo quality looks good, and u got a big one there man, way to go. I notice ur using a lowpro for u jigs, smart, more bearings less drag. Seems like i'm not the only one. What kinda hooks u got on ur jigs, i'm using gammy's in 1/0 usually they hold up fine, i've tried a few others and they bend out fast, had it happen on a few coho. Once again nice fish and way to go man.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: What a trophy

Hey, young gun,i'm also using the same gammy like you now,they worked awsome so far.
The hook that held this fish got some bend to it,but fish like this don't come every day,but it held up pritty good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.