BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, after what seems like an eternity I managed to spend a morning on the Flow, a couple of hectic weeks of selling boats and demo days and such I figured it was time to relieve some stress....
I got to the river around 7:30 and proceeded to fish a couple of fishless slots for me... as I crossed the river I decide I would look around the next corner upstream from me... was gonna be a ten minute walk .. as I was walking up river it seemed like every run waas getting better than the next so I just kept going... about the 4 th run up I had a solid hookup on a 5-7 LB wild buck... this was about an hour into the walkabout... after that fish I figured I would just walk all the way to the top of where I wanted to fish, another hour later put me across from a fellow named Tim and his partner laying some fine cast across the river in my direction with their spey rods... it was truly relaxing watching these guys methodicially plod their way through the run...
as we parted ways I decided it was time to fish my way down to my truck, which would be a solid 4 hours of fishing...

seems like when you are not fishing on a regular basis you start miss fish far to often... as I passed a couple of guys on my way down I missed one fish three times in a row without being able to stick it solidly... the next run down would be my bounty run... as I switched up to a pale worm the third pass through the run I hada solid take down which resulted in a solid hookup and reward of a 10 Lb dow cartwheeling across the run... unfortunatley she popped me off and took my worm with her...
rerigged and right back through the run on the next cast I hooked another fish that was much larger... big colored up buck that was peeling line so fast I had to chase in hot pursuit... after about 5 minutes of duking this fish and realizing that if he took of any farther down stream i would not be able to chase I decided to end the battle quickly... he was a colored up buck that had probably been pinned before, I dropped the rod in his direction and broke him off to save both of us any un needed stress...

as I walked up the bank back to the run that had given such a great day, it was nice to see a mink for a change running the banks across from me. they used to be far more common than in the last few years...

oner more pass through the run would again yeild me another hookup.. this time I had beefed up the gear for the faster water I was dealing with. 12 lb main and a 2/0 would do the trick.. this fish was hot for carrying a little color on her...with multiple jumps and some sizzling runs I brought her to my feet for a quick snap in the water...

the last hour of the walk brought me one more fish that was sitting in less than a foot of choppy water.. I was walking the float beside me watching a couple of geese to the left and felt the solid pull of another little March 31 sizzler maybe 4-6 Lbs but full of fight...
all in all the best day for me in a long while...

with all the doom and gloom of no harvest fishery for salmon this year and all the battle we have to protect our local rivers it is sure nice to just spend a day solo walking a river that I grew up on and enjoyed so much.. the crowds are down and the fishing is decent... sure makes you want to renew your licence immediatly just to enjoy everything we have in the valley...

·
Registered
789 Posts
Damn another steelhead caught on a white worm. I was chatting with a guy yesterday he said he has been nailing them like crazy on white worms, Im thinking im gonna have to tye up some white intruders tonight

·
Registered
507 Posts
Very nice post tnt enjoyed reading it,that is a beautiful fish there you got.
Hey fishfreak,i had succes on white worms in the past to, just thought you might wanna know.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Great read Thomas, after a crappy day in the slop, sure lifts ones spirits to read about a outing like that
Crazy D

·
Registered
45 Posts
WOW nice Steel... I have yet to use those big worms, but I think I will have to give em a try on my home waters here too... Beauty of a specimen

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I hear you on that report TNT. I was out today and my buddy and I did very well too! The best in a long time! ;D ;D 8

Hotrod

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.