BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
could some of you recommend any good websites or perhaps somewhere on this forum that tells you what bugs are hatching at what times in this area?
where would one (a beginner) start to learn about "matching the hatch" entomology?

p.s. sorry if this is a previous thread somewhere
if so would someone know where i could find it?

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Lots of information on entomology of at www.flyfishbc.com. No charts on hatch times, not sure if there is anything out there for this area like that ??? If you ask the right questions and search the info, you will find all the information you would need on that subject in www.flyfishbc.com.

·
Registered
318 Posts
there is a book by brian chan called flyfishing strategies for stillwaers that tells you all you need to know to get started.i dont know if its on line,but you could try old school and hit the ( library ? ) i think its called.

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
there is a book by brian chan called flyfishing strategies for stillwaers that tells you all you need to know to get started.i dont know if its on line,but you could try old school and hit the ( library ? ) i think its called.
Yes, books! I forgot to mention, there are also some great book reviews on FFBC on lots of books related to fly fishing found here, http://www.flyfishbc.com/forums/content/10-Book-Reviews

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the suggestions guys!
im surprised that no one has taken the time to create a chart. it would be easy to follow for beginners
oh well, i guess i'll get to reading and figure out one for myself
thanks again for the quick replies
~thinkin'

1 - 9 of 9 Posts