BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted some time ago that I had a nice 96 bayliner capri fiberglass with a 70HP force outboard. The interior is nice white/blue vinyl and there are few cosmetic dings. I hated the idea of tearing the vinyl, gouging the hull, or getting some nice fish slime/blood all over the interior. I almost had to crawl on my knees to use the vinyl rain cover. I used it in the interior and only on the lakes (5 consecutive days last year) for family picnics, tubing and knee-boarding. Problem is I really wanted to get out and fish more. Long story turning short, I have been looking for a more utilitarian aluminum fishing oriented boat I could still take the family out on, but primarily fish the Harrison, local lakes and the fraser... Maybe some downrigger days along ambleside..
I found an aluminum Lund model (16.5ft) with bowrider type split windshield and full stand up cover with side windows etc. 2000 90HP merc 4 stroke. Went for a test run today and it looks,sounds and runs good. More room and less pretty vinyl but stored in a garage.
It is riveted (I have read the pros and cons to both welded and riveted).
Any words of advice from anyone on what I should look out for or double check. The price is quite good and defiantly early season.
:beerchug:

·
Registered
152 Posts
well, I'd say the Lund has proven itself to be a great sturdy boat and if you say it was in good condition, no leaks etc. , I'd concentrate on the motor. That's where most of your problems (and expensive ones at that) would come from.

Anyway you could get a outboard mechanic to take a look at it?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't be so sure Stone... Once the cost of diapers is finished with (Both kids...blind projection of the future) you will have a pile more money for the new boat of your dreams...
Who am I kidding.. It will move from diapers to clothes to sports to college funds :p
Just borrow like the rest of us lemmings and buy something you will truly find your mid life peace in.. :beerchug:
Hoochee

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks TNTMarine..I had an outboard friend look it over and do a comp test on it. All cyl were good. Plugs looked even and good as well.
Ran the motor through a slow cycle of the whole RPM range and no problems.
I bought it two days ago and it is already waxed and vacuumed.
I had it out with my son today for a long haul on alloiette lake and all was well aside from a small mis when getting onto the step every few times..
New post probably best.
Cheers.
Hoochee

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.