BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems lately that the fresh water form seems to get hyjack by several posts on the fraser and a lot of post latley on the vedder maybe we could split that up into a seperate forum such as the vedder and any other systems at the different times a year? I know it's a lot of work for the mods and Rick, but it's kind of annyoing going through post such as discusted, vedder , pinks, coho, etc.... Just a thought. :cheers:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Good luck with that request. ;)

There are already Fresh and Salt water forums, I guess we just choose the easiest route when posting. Moreoever, I think the problem is that the ocean is typically considered part of the "salt" forum, whereas the Fraser et all are considered "fresh" despite being part tidal and part non-tidal. I have no idea what the original intent of the Fresh vs Salt was/is.

The rest of the "comments" should probably go in "Chit Chat", but then again, I'm not a mod and this thread probably should be in Chit Chat not Freshwater discussion ;D

LL

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
I believe the intended diferentiation has to do with the different techniques used in fresh or salt water. Tidal waters on the Fraser, Stave, Coquitlam, etc are still freshwater. This is a forum to discuss generally the techniques, joys and problems found when fishing freshwaters. Reports on specific waters should be kept to the reports fora. In my mind, that also applies to reports on boorish and illegal behaviour. That said, this forum is the appropriate one to discuss ways to educate and (hopefully) change the habits of many who share the resource with us. The reason that the Fraser, Harrison and Vedder figure so predominately in this discussion is simply that the vast majority of members on this site are no different than the over-all fishing population; i.e. they fish these highly productive waters regularly. I agree that it would be nice tho' if river specific discussions were in the appropriate reports section.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
My point is, 7 out of 8 people on the board are fishing the fraser or the Vedder. That's what they want to talk about. That's what the forum is for, to talk about the freshwater that people are fishing. By the way, aren't the last 5 posts you put up here just photos of Pegleg Bar, a bar on the Fraser?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Well said Professori,

"Repetitio est madre studiorum"

:beerchug: :cheers:

B.

professori said:
My point is, 7 out of 8 people on the board are fishing the fraser or the Vedder. That's what they want to talk about. That's what the forum is for, to talk about the freshwater that people are fishing. By the way, aren't the last 5 posts you put up here just photos of Pegleg Bar, a bar on the Fraser?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
professori said:
You are totally missing the point of what I am saying maybe you should read the post before you reply to it. What I was talking about was insteed of having so many posts about the peg, pinks on the Fraser , or fishing the Vedder we could have seperate forms on the the hot rivers instead of weeding through each post to find info. :confused:

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
professori said:
True! And I loved the sunset photo too - but....

·
Registered
87 Posts
I agree, the moderators are doing an exceptional job. Just troll around other fishing forum and then you will learn to appreciate BCFR much more.
Now, even if it did was separated to rivers, it only takes one misguiding phrase to divert the topic in an assigned thread to develop into something off the track... I blame rational thinking on this one--no really, I do ::).

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Salmonator said:
Prof.,

If you don't like the pics you don't have to look at them.
Salmonator - I didn't say I didn't like the photos. In fact I thought they were very good. It just seems ironic that you complain about the number of posts on the Frase, Vedder, etc. and then you proceed to post 5 posts with pictures of the Vedder (I notce you have deleted 4 of them - good no you). You seem to want it both ways, no-one to post here with comments on the popular rivers, except maybe you. I am done here, going fishing on a river or lake near you. Look for a report in Region 2.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.