BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so the family has rented a cabin on Horton Bay, Mayne Island for several days at the beginning of August. What can I expect for fishing then? What kind of gear should I bring, or prepare for. I have a 17.5' Reinell, that will have downriggers, VHF and Depth/Fishfinder by then(I hope). Was there a couple of years ago. My tin boat does not have a lot of freeboard so I didn't venture to far out. This is a whole different story. Any advice is welcome.

Thanks
James

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any recent fishing reports or advice? We will be on Horton Bay Aug 3 - 9. I am hoping to get a little action!

Thanks
James

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ling cod fishing is good around Active Pass using large herring in 50-200 feet of water. It's easiest to fish around slack tide.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, here is my little bit of a fishing report. Talked to some people pulling their boat in at David Bay. They had trolled for salmon and had one (maybe) hit in 4 hours. We spent our time bottom bombing for Lings at the point off of Campbell Bay and east of Georgeson Island. Tides move through there making it interesting. We had hook ups and some success. Seems to be a hot spot at ~100 feet and the yellow perch zinger (3") outfished any of the buzz bombs we used. At least we got something to eat and had some nice time on the water.

James

1 - 4 of 4 Posts