BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Nice :thumbup:
Maybe videos like this should be shown in Schools to teach the kids about C&R and conservation 8)

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
I couldn't have said it better myself...

I still remember clearly a day many years ago when I had caught and tailed a beauty fresh little hatchery steelhead doe in front of another angler...I tailed the fish, passed off my camera and asked the other angler to take a quick pic for me, and it suddenly dawned on him that I was going to release it...

I can still remember the look on his face, it was a look of sheer incredulity...he couldn't believe I was going to release a hatchery fish...I fumbled my way through explaining to him my perspective on fishing, and he seemed unconvinced...

A few hours later I walked back through that spot to talk to that same angler and see how he'd done...he had caught what was likely that same fish, and another and released them both. He said he couldn't see himself releasing all the time, but he did say he felt a particular reward and pride in setting those fish free...

It is a good feeling...

Thanks for sharing that clip Prof...

:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Too funny I remember a day many years ago when I was just young lad. Back when I used to toss the long leader and betty. I landed a spring around 45-50lbs at the scale bar and let it go in front of a group of shocked and enraged people who "would have taken if it I didn't want it." It was a doe and even though I was a true meat head back then I could not bring myself to end it's journey. Lot's of eggs in that belly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.