BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of our members, "South Texas Salt" lives near the hurricane battered coast. He has fished this area in the Northwest on many occaisions. I have emailed him several times and I have had no response....I hope he is OK.......Ortho

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I hope he was one of the smart ones and evacuated when told to; but then again he's smart enough to fish so the answer is self-explanatory :beerchug:

I'm praying he's just one of the many without power and can't get online.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Yeah...my thoughts and prayers to Salt and his family also. :cheers:

I have a good friend who's a petroleum engineer living in the Houston area...spoke with his wife and luckily their neighborhood was spared the major damage. They lost power for a few hours, and a number of large trees are down, but for the most part, thankfully, they escaped unscathed. There's a lot of people who lost everything though, and probably some who lost their lives.

Man...even with all the rain, I feel fortunate to be able to live on the West Coast.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
stone said:
Yeah...my thoughts and prayers to Salt and his family also. :cheers:

I have a good friend who's a petroleum engineer living in the Houston area...spoke with his wife and luckily their neighborhood was spared the major damage. They lost power for a few hours, and a number of large trees are down, but for the most part, thankfully, they escaped unscathed. There's a lot of people who lost everything though, and probably some who lost their lives.

Man...even with all the rain, I feel fortunate to be able to live on the West Coast.
No kidding! I was glued to CNN all friday night, early saturday morning watching the events down there during the height of the storm. The reporters were getting battered by the wind gusts and rain, not to mention all the flying debris. Even on saturday in Houston, whats her name Malveaux was getting pushed around by the winds as they showed the blown out glass from the skyscrapers. You guys are talking about South Texas Salt? Don't worry, he's gonna be alright

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Salt has not checked in on the board nor have I heard from him on my regular emaill....Some of the folks along the coastal communities and the small offshore islands were finally allowed to go back home today..South Padre Island really got hammered........Ortho

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I checked with Ron Smith Guiding on the Rogue river in Oregon as I remember 'Salt saying he had booked a trip there in mid Sept. Apparently he and his wife showed up and took 6 nice Chinook's home and he wasn't affected by the hurricane........Ortho 8)

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just received a PM from 'Salt and he is indeed OK and told me he moved away from the coast to an inland location last year and this was the first hurricane he has missed in 30years. Very happy he is safe and sound...!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.