BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm not too sure how much response this thread will get, but here it goes.

In my mailbox today was a letter addressed to me from the University of British Columbia, Environmental Health Dept. When I opened it, I found it to be an invite to participate in a survey investigating fish consumption and mercury exposure in BC recreational anglers.

blah, blah, blah, you get a $25 gift certificate to Island Outfitters for doing a 20 minute phone survey and providing a blood sample which will be tested for mercury.

I'm not allowed to participate, but the interesting part was this quote:

"You have been contacted through the BC Ministry of Environment's Freshwater Angling License list with the permission of the BC Ministry of Environment and the UBC Clinical Research Ethics Board."

NOWHERE did it say they asked for my permission to contact me. When I ordered my license for this year, I specifically unchecked the box which said I could be contacted by anyone for any reason (that's not exactly what it said, but you get the point).

Did anyone else get this letter, are you going to participate and will you complain about being contacted without your specific permission?

·
Registered
2 Posts
If i got one I would absolutely participate, why not? And I'm pretty sure when you buy your license it says somewhere that they randomly select people to be sent this survey letter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts