BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at going camping this weekend, and suggestions where to go around merrit that would have some nice camping and some potential for great fishing??

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Where ever you go you may want to stay lower down ..... around Merritt / Quilchena. Peterhope Lake or a few lakes in that area (Glimpse, Dot) may be good ...... Stump has it's moments but watch out for the wood and wind. There is a nice camp area at Peterhope Lake ..... a good base even if you fish some of the smaller ones around there.

Salmon Lake on the Douglas Lake Ranch is nice and should be ok this time of year.

Don't know if you have a small boat or a belly boat?? Either lake would accomodate both.

As well ..... closer to Kamloops ...... Lac Le Jeaune may be worth a try ...... a nice campsite there too. Then on the old highway (Merritt to Kamloops side again) there is Roche Lake. Roche Lake has a nice resort / campsite area and may be ok this time of year. Smaller lakes around Roche Lake (my fav's) are:

Ernest Lake - Good lake to belly boat or a small cartop boat. Regulated as a quality fishery. About 25HA in size had kokanee to about 4 lbs .......... I can verify that ...... I've caught them. Quite the adventure getting there ....... you may not want to go to this one ..... you need a 4 X 4 ...... awful muddy and poor access when wet and rough terrain.

Black Lake - A smaller lake that Erenest 18HA .... still ok for belly boat and/or cartop boat ........ fish range in size up to about 2 lbs.

Anyhow ..... both have BCFS campsites. Have a good one. :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
what are bcfs camp sites, do we get a discount for being a member?? i am heading that way in june & was gonna ask the same advice, But dont need to now thanks alot..

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Hey GOFISH, those lakes around Roche...does that include Fred lake? I can't quite remember the area it's in, but Ernest sounds familiar...

·
Registered
283 Posts
aaaaaaaaaaa yes i see now....lol learn somethin new everyday.,.. :oops:

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Let's see ...... Roche Lake ...

Black, Bog, Bulman, Ernest, Frisken, Horseshoe, John Frank, Rose, Tulip

psst

John Frank is an awesome lake as well. Lived in Kamloops for 6 years ...... what a blast with all the lakes there.

Hard to work with so much fishing avail. :D

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Sorry Rib ..... forgot to answer your question ..... Fred Lake is east of Lac Le Jeune ..... 4 wd road.

Hope that helps.

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
It's a fun drive in there...took my old 4runner through a couple long stretches...it was awesome!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: I could never remember where that was, must've been a good trip...Great lake too...
Thx,
rib

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well i have heard so much about Roche Lake area and would love to get up there, and I know the season doesnt open till monday, just wondering if anyone knows of ice off up there and if so hitting it up on tuesday would be a good idea or is it better to wait....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts