BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those wanting to fish the opening May 1st at many of the lakes in the Merritt area be warned that Ice Off is probably 2 weeks behind, unless the weather really warms up. Lakes at the Merritt elevation like Nicola, Stump, etc are okay but at higher elevations, like Peter Hope, fishing probably won't start until mid May, but I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
137 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
peterhope said:
Those wanting to fish the opening May 1st at many of the lakes in the Merritt area be warned that Ice Off is probably 2 weeks behind, unless the weather really warms up. Lakes at the Merritt elevation like Nicola, Stump, etc are okay but at higher elevations, like Peter Hope, fishing probably won't start until mid May, but I'll keep you posted.
what do you think about Gump. i dont know the elevation but was thinking about heading up there on weekend maybe.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still ice on Peterhope Lake although lake edges ae clearing. Used a spinning rod with a chironimid from shore and caught one May 2nd. I'm going to try again today. Several fish jumping. Probably another week before ice is off.

·
Registered
14 Posts
We were at Tyner this weekend (off road to Chataway). Ice is off, lake has turned, fishing was slow. We were the only ones on the lake. Half the forest around the lake has been clear cut since last season and from the sounds, the other half will be clear cut this year. Certainly not the ideallic spot it was before.

Does anyone know how the lakes are doing further up the road?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.