BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and a couple of friends of being fishing Nicola and glimpse a lot :happy: this summer and this week we wanted to try someother lake that has lots of fish we fly fish and gear fish.

with of course a couple big ones
looking for a lake 1hour away or less

LUKER

· Registered
691 Posts
Haven't done Gwen this year, but Penask and Hathueme are nice also.

· Registered
1 Posts
Luker said:
k we decided to go to Gwen and was wondering if anyone has been up there lately

Gwen has turned into a wallmart parking lot since the new road was put in. I hit the lake three days after ice off this yr and caught my limit in 2 hours and released double that. Fish were all bigger than 18" and really good fighters. The lake is moody in the summer tho.. seen a lot of guys get skunked. Due to its relative accessability and closeness to merritt alot of locals hit it in the after noon or the weeknds. Nice lake tho.

· Registered
14 Posts
We usually fish in the Chataway area, west of Merritt, turn off is about 15km, then another 15 to 25kms up the road depending on which lake you want. Tyner is the closest at about the 15km mark, then onwards to Chataway, Dot, and others. Out favourite is Gypsum, always good for a couple of nice fish. As these lakes are quite high up they fish better in the hotter months than many of the others in the area. They never seem to be crowded either. Haven;t fished there in a couple of weeks so am not sure how they're doing right now.

· Registered
101 Posts
i was up at tunkwa for the long weekend....we actually fished Leighton lake which is right beside tunkwa....it was amazing...rainbows flying 3-4 feet out of the water when the bite was on...we used green chrominid and had many multiple fish days....mmm and they sure were tasty....really nice area and if you dont want to use the provincial site there are many off road campsites

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.