BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
howdy guys. first post here.am looking for advice on chest waders.i have not bought any for 20 yrs.looking for a stocking foot in a very light neopreme or a light weight gortex.not winter fishing the thompson,just wading the west coast estuaries and streams.mid range price and decent fit for a larger size guy.. any favorite choices ps i,m out of town (tofino) and mostly mail order my gear. dale

·
Banned
187 Posts
i bought wright and mcgill breathables dont even know your wearing waders, there $300 with taxes i belive, but i think you would have to were long johns and sweat pants underneath up at the thompson. Bare neopremes are also a good wader, 3mm ar around 100$ look on the internet. www.berrybait.com www.freds-bc.com and the reaction fly and tacke web sight. not sure exsacly on the website name, but google it they have pictures of alot of other waders.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Scotch...just wondering exactly what range "mid-price range" is for you regarding breathables? Around $200-400? At around $260 retail, the Simms Lightweight Gore-Tex waders are hard to beat. When I used to work at a flyshop, I worked with a guide who used Lightweights and had no problems with them even after three hard seasons. They are a little more noisy than my G3's because of the coarser nylon face fabric, but Gore-Tex is undoubtedly the most durable breathable membrane on the market, and I'll put up with a little more noise and stiffness instead of springing a leak any day.

And I agree with Bare being an excellent value for neoprene waders. I also had great luck with Cabelas least expensive neoprene waders years and years ago before I switched to breathables. I'll never wear neoprenes again, even under the coldest conditions...breathables, properly layered inside with fleece are much more comfortable.

Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys .will check into the brands you mentioned.my old waders where 5 mm.i could not walk 10 ft with out dying of heat stroke. the breathables sound like what i want plus i got a closet full of fleece if needed. dale

·
Registered
247 Posts
hey scotch mist just to agreem with stone breathables are the way to go, i to used to do the 5mm neo thing and just way to hot. just layer under the breathables and a small backpack to,put stuff in as it comes off and your good to go. only use the neo in the float tube now as it keeps these old bones warmer in the early spring COLD lake waters :D :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have pair of Fenwick breathables and i love them....I am a fairly big guy as well and they are great....I got them for about $350 from Island outfitters

·
Registered
550 Posts
Not sure whats going on with all the SPAM :evil: :roll: I can delete but It just keeps comming back. Maybe Admin can do somthing :?:

Take your "Julierie" somewhere else :!:

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I agree Mike ......... If that were any of us members we'd be banned for life ........... instead we're spammed for life.

GOFISH 8)

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
i've told Berg about it...I just delete them but I know there's a bunch of accounts that are nothing but spammers.

·
Registered
73 Posts
What a stupid waste of space these spammers are. Whats the point of spamming on a website like this? Who would actually purchase a product because of spamming? Just my 2cents.....

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
I think they're kinda funny!!! LoL :lol:

Imagine yourself in such a sad state that spamming is your entertainment??? Can you Imagine? Realistically, these people really are the losers of the computer world...but NOT because they spam people and annoy them....it's because this is what they find fun, this is what they do...

can you imagine saying to someone when they ask you what you do, and you respond...."I spam...." :oops: :oops: :oops:

I mean even IF you make enough money to live off this, or the perks are something else :lol: :lol: :lol: , how much self respect can these people have doing this?

I'm sure the only people they brag to about their spamming are other spammers so, whatever, I guess when you are really little, anything can make you feel big.

Let them post and we'll delete the posts and they'll think they're somebody, and we'll know they aren't and then we can feel content that through our patience and understanding even we meek fishermen can make a desperate person feel good about themselves, if only for a while....

Thx,
Rib

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Thread closed due to the frequent spammers. It's out of hand when they start advertising for "rape videos" on our threads...damn "guests". :evil:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts