Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was thinking of trying Mike lake in the morning
never fished it before :-\
anyone got any recent feed back ???
and how is the access ???
i will be in my tube 8)

· Registered
1,165 Posts
try chromies :thumbup: , or Micro leeches in olive or wine. It has been good but only because of the cooler temps. They should be pretty active tomorrow and you may want to bring some small dries :happy: . I will be there with my son in the afternoon as I promised to take him fishing before I go away for the weekend so we will be fishing from the dock with shrimp as that is the one bait where he will get lots of action :thumbup: . Works like you would not believe which is great for small kids.

· Registered
43 Posts
Britguy said:
and how is the access ???
i will be in my tube 8)
The access is much better now that they put the bridge/pier in. Before that it was a little bit of a comedy act to launch a tube and getting out was worse. Now I always carry my tube out to the end of the pier and then get setup in the little bit of shallow water right at the end of the pier. Though last time I was there you had to watch for sticks in the shallow water.

I recommend not trying to launch a tube at the edge or the lake. Normally there is lots of boot eatting mud and the edge of the lake has no gradual entry. The edge has a 4 foot drop and the bottom is mush - I know from experience (up to my armpits and almost flooded the waders) :pissed:.

I've had mixed success at Mike. First time out I nailed a real fighter within 30 feet of the pier, using a wet nymph on a sinking line, in the first 10 minutes. I've gotten a couple on leach patterns. Other times I've been skunked. So I can't say I've figure the lake out :'(.

· Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well it is a nice lake
I only maaged one bow and two cutts
There were fish rising all over the place
I tried everything today from chronnies to leaches
Met Capman there he was doing just as bad as me
Saw one other guy there in a tube and he was getting lots of hits but could not connect
Seen a few landed on the dock but the guys there said it was real slow
next time out there i will take the depth finder and see where the best areas to fish are

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.