BC Fishing Reports banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At approx. 1900 hrs on Tuesday, Aug 22 at the mid-point of Grassy bar.

Last seen floating down river after becoming unhooked from a stern cleat.

If you witnessed this unfortunate, preventable act, please try to forget what you saw and go about your business.

If found, please return, with meat on bones, to the idiot that lost them...ME :oops:

·
Registered
730 Posts
that happened to me earlier at grassy when I had to chase down the jerks who tried to take off with my anchor and bouy that was out in front of our campsite. I was fishin from shore but had my 2 fish tied up to the back of the boat, when I hoped in my boat to chase down the 2 guys that took my anchor and bouy I forgot bout my fish, got anchor back after cutting off other boat, and caught replacement fish, no harm done.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
roscoe-pco said:
...and caught replacement fish, no harm done.
Ah, you see, THAT'S the part that really stung. We, er, I didn't catch anything after it happened.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sanderson said:
Thats poaching. You already killed your limit, then killed it again on the same day. Shame on you.
I'll bet you were foaming from the mouth and wagging your finger at the screen like a little old lady when you read that.

·
Retired Administrator
4,448 Posts
Once again someone has jumped all over a post because the author, in this case a well respected member of this forum, did not include every single detail in his post. It happened to me awhile back and thankfully people were understanding and supportive. Maybe you people who doubt other members best intentions based on a post should start your own forum. You could call it - Report a Poacher Without Proof Just Mistrust and Nothing Better To Do

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sanderson said:

Thats poaching. You already killed your limit, then killed it again on the same day. Shame on you.
I'm not sure how else to interpret this. Sounds like poaching to me.

G

·
Sanderson said:

Sounds like C & R to me :lol:

Seriously though, if you were to call it quits every time you 'kill' two sockeye you would have to quit everytime you foul hook a sockeye in the gill and then throw it back because it was caught "illegally".. Even though you know that fish is going to die.. :cry:

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
You cannot have replacement fish, it's illegal, you have already killed your limit.
Whether or not this was posted by a "respected member" or not, it's flat out illegal.
Posting such stuff on the NET is a slippery slope, others, who struggle with the regs, read this stuff and follow suit.
How about catching your limit and WOOPS they were lost on route to the boat launch, although truth is they were dropped off with someone, then the person return for more.
Its scenarios like the above that make it legal to only kill your limit, once that is accomplished your killing is done.
I might add that leaving sockeye in the warm waters of the Fraser is a POOR method of keeping them fresh, get yourself a cooler and treat those hunks of meat properly, "its all about the meat", is it not.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Maybe we should just point out his wrongdoing this time, so he's more aware next time. I bet this guy usually does it all by the book. I’m sure he's aware he did something that’s not right. Public humiliation and scolding is pretty harsh. We all need to be together and correct people's mistakes on the river, this is not help, its just pointing fingers. Tell him once; he does not need the entire board telling him that he's a poacher. I bet he will never do it again.

I agree with the one comment however, keeping your fish in the water is a horrible choice. Bleed them and put them into a small freezer/cooler!

Save your energy for infractions on the river that you actually witnessed and report it!

·
Retired Administrator
4,448 Posts
All my fish are cleaned and on ice within minutes of capture if at all possible
I agree but not everyone has a boat with all the bells and whistles - what about us poor hike in fishers?

Poachers UNITE!

What more proof do you need?
Yes, I am involved in a conspiracy to to eliminate the sockeye species from this earth! AHHHHHAAHHAAA (evil laugh). I don't own a freezer to store my bounty but If I did - look out!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well if you have all the "Bells and Whistles" than you keep your two fish in the cooler, race back to the launch, go home and firse up the bbq. If you have to hike in, get your two and go home, you have two anyways. This will keep your fish fresh......

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I would just like to make clear that I'm not saying the poster was poaching.
But again, too many people lack regulation knowledge, when they read stuff on the net, they call it good, this is exactlyhow we have ended up with a generation of anglers who are in serious need of reg education.
Please be careful what you post on the net and read your regs well.

"the bells and whistles" comment rears it's ugly head again :lol: . You do not need a boat to care for your catch, and you do not need a boat to barfish, these are myths.

A small cooler is not hard to carry, put ice in this cooler. Now get a cheap back pack, after you catch a fish, place it(cleaned), in a plastic bag, fill with ice, tie off the top, place the bag in your knap sack. Now hurry up and get your other fish, because one fresh and well treated piece of sockeye, is far better eating than 2 sun burned pieces of mushy dog food.
The back pack makes a great way to carry out your fish as well.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Once again someone has jumped all over a post because the author, in this case a well respected member of this forum, did not include every single detail in his post. It happened to me awhile back and thankfully people were understanding and supportive. Maybe you people who doubt other members best intentions based on a post should start your own forum. You could call it - Report a Poacher Without Proof Just Mistrust and Nothing Better To Do
Just got back from holidays ...... good to see BGM that you are "letting this go". Fact is .... what you stated in your post (same as this one) ..... was poaching. It wasn't till after you were called on it that you played the "OOOOPS .... I MADE A MISTAKE CARD".

And just to clarify ........ you were not only "called" on that statement on this forum but on other fishing forum as well. While it is true some believed your "reason" .... at least an equal number of others didn't. If the "daily catch quantities" you reported in your post were not accurate .... then tell me ...... what else in your post wasn't accurate? Or we are to believe that only the "daily catch quantities" you reported contained an error. How convenient.

I agreed to "LET THIS GO" .......... YOU DID TOO. But you keep bringing it up and continue crying about it over and over again. It's almost like your crying about it looking for sympathy. Maybe when someone ........ anyone ...... reports something that is a violation of the regulations and they are called on it ....... they shouldn''t blame the messenger ........ they should blame the author. As the writer ...... they are responsible for the reports accuracy. In the case of your report ....... look in a mirror. As I've stated before BGM ...... take responsibility for your post.

GOFISH 8)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.