BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone here fished this lake before. i have been trying to find out lake depth info on it but am having a hard time. All i can find is that its deep and drops off fast off the shores :confused: would be nice to get more specific info though.

It also says you cant camp there overnight but that people do anyways. has anyone done this? if not a good idea whats close by?

Im looking to try this lake in the fall :thumbup:

nice C&R lake single barbless, bait ban. but Trophy fish :thumbup:

·
Registered
550 Posts
Hook,

If your talking about Morgan lake near Cherry Creek/Savona the deepest I saw was around 40ft. As for camping there are no sites and there are signs that say no camping. For somewhere to camp close by you could look at Duffy/Dairy lakes or Tunkwa. I think its only 30-40mins from Tunkwa although I havent tried the Tunkwa lake Road route myself.

-RC

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys and yes i use FishWizard however it doesnt show you the shoals and stuff which is what i was looking for :confused: guess its just another thing to find out myself. Thanks for the info RC, what were your best producing flies when you were there?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Not sure what came first the Pumpkin Head or the Lakes in that area...

The lakes in the area of Tunkwa can be fished with relative success using the Pumpkin Head. The creator lived and worked at Tunkwa for years, so again I am not sure if it simply that they were available in the area or if they are they may be the be all end all fly for lakes like Morgan, Tunkwa, Leighton, Island, etc... (well we know chironomids are the be all end all for Tunkwa and Leighton).

Personally I can not recall catching a fish on a Pumpkin Head, in fact I rarely use one, yet the other annuals and staff at the resort catch fish all around me with them. I stick to the chironomids with some fierce loyalty.

The point of all my rambling is many many fish have been caught at Morgan on a Pumpkin Head...

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I plan to add the pumpkin head to my arsenal before i go :thumbup:

Im having problems finding the lake in my back road book. I have looked around the area of Tunkwa but cant find the lake on the maps :confused: anyone have directions there seeing as i cant find using the one thing that should be the best help :wallbash: or point me to a site that posts the directions and possibly with a map. i have found descriptive directions but having a map helps Extremely :cheers:

·
Registered
550 Posts
Hey Hook,

Do you want us to tell you what shoal to anchor on too :wallbash::p

Just joking around...Profs not around so someone has to give you the gears.... :D

Good on you for buying the book now if you can find Pat lake aka Six mile look for the little puddle to the left that is Morgan. In my book its on page 32 on the top right of the page...

-RC

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cool Thanks i will take a look later. and ya Prof. sure likes to grind my gears :confused: but now he will have to shush a little cause i have the backroad books so now he cant tell me to go buy them :happy: I just couldnt find it thats all :wallbash:

·
Registered
901 Posts
good c&r lake... been fishing slow from wat ive heard... possibly due to an increase in alkalinity... this lake had a massive die off only a few years ago.. so treat all fish with the utmost care when handling :cheers:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Don't bother the lake has to much algae now, ive been there for three weekend in a row. 36 feet is the deepest spot and that on the north side of the lake. There is not shade at the lake and it's too hot to fish it now. try again next year :confused: ; :peace ;)

·
Registered
452 Posts
Depending on what kind of resolution the shot of the area has, sometimes google earth will show you the shoals.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.