BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks everyone for the other posts on the state of the rivers in the Skeena area....I assume the levels are up after the recent rains. I am in Edmonton Alberta and trucks are coming East down Hwy 16 with 6 inches of snow on them!!

I'm heading out next week to the Houston/Telkwa/Smithers area and hoping the snow will be cleared away through the mountains.

Any updates on the steelhead runs at Smithers or Houston would be appreciated. Thanks

Redfin.

· Registered
75 Posts
I live in the Vancouver area. My buddy drove up there on thursday night (he's up there for a week of fishing for steelies) He fished friday night around trout creek and landed an 18lbs. steely first cast with a pink worm. He also told me that coho were rising everywhere. He will be fly fishing with an 8 weight trying to grease line them this week. I wish I was up there with him. I'm saving up to go to Costa Rica in December to do some marlin fishing, so I guess I can't complain. I know I'll go up with him next year around this time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.