BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I currently ride a ducati 916sp. Not the best for carrying gear but thankfully my beach rod is a 4 peice and fits in my bag.  I will hopefully be adding a aprilia shiver soon and that will be a bit better for cruising.  Anyhow I checked out a few beaches and only saw a few fish but it should be picking up soon.  I am game anytime you want to go just let me know what works for you.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I'm dying to know if can take my bike to my fishing spots?

Is there any way a 10' rod (that breaks in half of course) can be fitted on a sportbike, dual sport or cruiser in a secure way? Has anyone here come up with anything? Be nice to combine the two :thumbup:

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
If it has a case.....just get a hiking backpack with straps on the side of it to secure it to your pack. I was just up fishing and hiking a river and I had 2 fly rod cases strapped to my pack all day while hiking a river. If you want a tiny bit of extra security, run a small carabiner through the handle of the case and the top strap on the side of the pack. Trust me.....it ain't going nowhere. I was bushwhacking through some thick stuff like this all through the day with a carabiner holding the rod tubes to the straps on each side of the pack with no issues.

Here is the best pic I have of the pack. Right behind my shoulder on the side of the pack there are two adjustable straps. Run the rod tube down through there....cinch it up and use the carabiner for an extra bit of security.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have had no issues with my 4 peices but can't say any of them are 5 feet. I am sure it would be fine but as pippen has stated make sure it is very secure or it could end up being a large danger to yourself as well as other motorists.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.