BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in the Harrison yesterday. Tried trolling spinners and plugs for a while with not much luck. Noticed a bunch of boats right at the mouth. We decided to join this Chum jigging frenzy right at the mouth. At first we sat back on anchor for a bit and watched everyone to see what they were using and their technique. Looked like dink float small pencil lead and jigg set up. Well we tried this for a long time and we never got a strike. A few boats next to us were just hooking the chum one after another. We finally were able to move down into a better slot right before we had a leave still nothing. What were we doing wrong? Tried different dink float and weight length combos, color of jigs, were our jiggs to small I think we were using 1/8 OZ? We tried pink, orange,and white combos jiggs on a 1/0 hook. We had fun that day but left shaking our heads.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Sounds like you were doing everything right. All you can do is experiment with depth and color.

Sometimes there is just someone around dailed in and has luck on their side. Right place at the right time. Can be fustrating watching when you are not "that guy" but sure is fun when you are! Atleast you know there are fish around and that the technique works

·
Registered
259 Posts
i was at the mouth for about an hour yesterday morning. water was a little high and all the fish where in tight to shore, i didnt have time to stick around but i only saw 3 fish caught, all from the guys fishing from shore.
remember to keep your presantation fairly high, the fish will come up for it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting sturg yeah the chum were jumping all over almost in the boat we were anchored up next to the shore also. It looked like a couple springers were landed also. We played around quite a bit with presentation depth quite a bit but for sure I will keep it higher next time.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Purple over cerise jigs, make sure you are a foot to a foot and a half off bottom, make sure you are getting a drag free drift.

We caught a bunch in a couple hours right there, maybe you saw my boat, blue North River with Bent Rods on the side.

Keep at it and you'll get hang of it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I saw you there. Actually right before you got there we moved to where some guys were just killing the chum. You basically filled the spot we were previously in. Looks like you had a boat full of clients. And I do appreciate the advice you gave us on trolling with spoons and plugs thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Purple over cerise jigs, make sure you are a foot to a foot and a half off bottom, make sure you are getting a drag free drift.

We caught a bunch in a couple hours right there, maybe you saw my boat, blue North River with Bent Rods on the side.

Keep at it and you'll get hang of it.
Foot and a half off bottom?!? how deep is it there

·
Registered
259 Posts
There is a bar right in the middle of the mouth so it's very shallow.
your right there is a bar right in the middle of the mouth, but its not that shallow where everyone fishes for chum. i would say it varies from about 5-10 feet. if you anchored on the outside lane casting in its 15-20 feet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts