BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new at fishing from a boat in these locations. I have been told that you can back troll plugs and or troll with spoons to catch White Springs or Coho. When is a good time (are they there now)? and any suggestions on tackle?
Thank you

· Retired staff
6,673 Posts
Slightly early for good numbers of fish in the Harrison right now FF, try closer to the beginning of October. As for the Vedder/Fraser confluence, right about now it should start picking up big time. Although there's been fish moving in now for a few weeks already...the big numbers of fish are right around the corner.

As for gear, and backtrolling, etc...can't help you much there. Some of the other members here would be able to lend more advice in that regard.

Good Luck and let us know how you do,

:cheers:

· Registered
298 Posts
I was out fishing the mouth of the vedder today and there are fish starting to show in good numbers :thumbup: I saw a few rising throughout the day and a couple hook ups from other boats ;D My rod however went untouched for today :'( I was trolling a #55 gibbs kitimat for most of the day. I also tried a #65 silver/green koho, and a size 5 tee spoon. I have been using anchovy salt stink on my lures but so far none of these combos have worked for me :confused: In any case get out there soon, the fish are here and some boats are hookin up. If anyone would care to shed some light on actually enticing these guys to bite I know I would love to hear about it :beerchug:

salmon salayer

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried the mouth of the Vedder on Sunday morning with spoons and spinners; nothing. Saw a lot fish jumping in the Fraser Water though, big springs. Got tired of that and tried bar fishing across from the sawmill just upstream of the Vedder and caught a 31.5 lb red.

· Registered
3,378 Posts
One of the key ingredients of trolling or around the mouths of the rivers is to vary the speed of the boat, constantly.....It is actually much more productive to cast from a stationery boat so you can vary the speed of the retrieve by hand....Also change your color and size of gear regularly...If the fish are willing and they are in the area, they usually hammer the spoon right away...One thing not in anyone's favor is the water clarity..The "murk" of the water has lasted a lot longer than usual as 3-4 ft. vis is a lot better than less than a foot........Ortho 8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.