BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I created this website back in 1999, it has grown by leaps and bounds – and so has the amount of maintenance that is required to keep things running smoothly. As many of you are well aware, over the past few years , I have not been able to devote as much time and attention as I used to BCFR. In order to help return the site to a more efficient level, I have chosen to transfer the site to a company called Verticalscope, which operates hundreds of forums – they will take over everything to do with BCFR, the website and will keep BCFR running smoothly for future expansion.

Although Verticalscope is taking over the operational aspects of the website and you may see some changes appear as a result, the forum itself should not be greatly affected. I will still be involved with the website as much as time permits, and the existing moderator staff will still maintain their rights and roles in the forum. At some point in the near future, additional staff will be brought on board to provide extra assistance to the community. The vast majority of the forum’s existing rules and regulations will stay in place – the last thing we want to do is negatively impact your experience on this website.
So please buckle up and have fun while we attempt to make this website even better!

Sincerely,
Rick Baerg

·
Administrator
110 Posts
Hello,

Just wanted to introduce my self to you all. My name is Philip and I am a community manager for Verticalscope.com and will be taking over the WebMaster duties for Rick here on bcfishingreports.com. I am here to help primarily with the technical end of things and help make the jobs of the current staff easier. I posted a real basic run down to answer common questions below. If you have more questions or concerns please post them.

What are our intentions?

We bring reliability, support and the infrastructure needed to ensure that the community will be around for years to come. It’s our goal to work with your board staff to help provide the resources and required to give this community a broader reach, to attract new members to better the overall knowledge shared in the community.

Will leadership change?

Continuity is the focus here, You as the membership work very hard to keep building this community while staff keep the walls and the roof up in this place; We are primarily here to make sure the lights stay on. Every community is unique and should always be respected in that regard. You guys have established your own unique rules and regulations and a strong reputation that is carried by all of this and it’s paramount that we maintain this level of integrity.

What am I here for?

My primary role is to be the technical contact as I said earlier you all built the foundation and keep the roof from falling, I am here keeping the lights on inside. I will be on the forum checking in daily to make sure regular maintenance is all taken care of and keep things running smoothly from behind the scenes.

I do look forward to getting to know you all and this unique community better.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Since I created this website back in 1999, it has grown by leaps and bounds – and so has the amount of maintenance that is required to keep things running smoothly. As many of you are well aware, over the past few years , I have not been able to devote as much time and attention as I used to BCFR. In order to help return the site to a more efficient level, I have chosen to transfer the site to a company called Verticalscope, which operates hundreds of forums – they will take over everything to do with BCFR, the website and will keep BCFR running smoothly for future expansion.

Although Verticalscope is taking over the operational aspects of the website and you may see some changes appear as a result, the forum itself should not be greatly affected. I will still be involved with the website as much as time permits, and the existing moderator staff will still maintain their rights and roles in the forum. At some point in the near future, additional staff will be brought on board to provide extra assistance to the community. The vast majority of the forum’s existing rules and regulations will stay in place – the last thing we want to do is negatively impact your experience on this website.
So please buckle up and have fun while we attempt to make this website even better!

Sincerely,
Rick Baerg

;) :p ;) :p

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Haha.......I say that in jest Rick!! :peace: I know with everything else you have on the go maintaining this "space" can be a challenge and would be more work than I could certainly handle!!

Welcome Phillip. :peace:

·
Administrator
110 Posts
Haven't been out in a while. I am not outfitted for anything cold weather with a fishing rod. When I lived in the California Baja I did fish as often as my roomates and I could get out. Three of us would rent a ponga with captain at least once a month and fish for Durado and Wahoo. I had the opportunity to go out deep sea on a big boat once when our employer at the time took everyone out for a day on her birthday to fish for Marlin.

The photo is of me with a yellowfin on my first day out with my roomate who ran a fishing blog. The following trips usually got us a generous amount of Durado as well as getting attacked by a "Diablo Rojo" we managed to snag while trolling for bait.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Good luck Rick...thanks for growing this site, and making it a great community.

Phillip, welcome aboard. Thanks for making this transition seamless.

Cheers.:cheers:

·
Administrator
3,732 Posts
Haven't been out in a while. I am not outfitted for anything cold weather with a fishing rod. When I lived in the California Baja I did fish as often as my roomates and I could get out. Three of us would rent a ponga with captain at least once a month and fish for Durado and Wahoo. I had the opportunity to go out deep sea on a big boat once when our employer at the time took everyone out for a day on her birthday to fish for Marlin.

The photo is of me with a yellowfin on my first day out with my roomate who ran a fishing blog. The following trips usually got us a generous amount of Durado as well as getting attacked by a "Diablo Rojo" we managed to snag while trolling for bait.

Dang. now we are going to have to read the riot act on advertising other sites.....Can we interest you in a sponsorship package...:)

·
Administrator
110 Posts
If you all have suggestions as well for things you want to see on the site please let me know. I don't plan to make drastic changes but there is always room for a little improvement to the member experience on advice of the members. :)

·
Administrator
110 Posts
Dang. now we are going to have to read the riot act on advertising other sites.....Can we interest you in a sponsorship package...:)
The only copies I have of those images are watermarked cause they are posted there. I lived in the Baja for close to a year and hardly took any photos. Sad cause it was really nice out there and we did catch some beautiful (tasty) fish.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Photoshop; whatever,..,,.
(Just kidding)
Can you think of a cooler name than Admin?
You'd still be bold red but...I don't know?.....
"Philip your cooler"..... or..... ? Just wondering.:cheers:

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Photoshop; whatever,..,,.
(Just kidding)
Can you think of a cooler name than Admin?
You'd still be bold red but...I don't know?.....
"Philip your cooler"..... or..... ? Just wondering.:cheers:

Don't listen to Scissorbill...........he's a shite disturber :p

If I could "Thanks" my own post.....I would as Billy did on page 1. :p :peace:

·
Administrator
110 Posts
Its set up as "Admin" because there are others that use this account here from time to time. I am on here usually being the man behind the curtain and we have some support or helpdesk and tech type folks here to help with technical issues on the site as well, you will know its them if they sign the posts with their initials. One of them will probably pop on here tomorrow to make a more formal introduction.

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Hey Rick...

Thank you for starting this great site. Years of memories, fishouts, great days of fishing, discussions, arguments, pictures, stories, great people, and good times overall. I doubt there's a single member here who doesn't appreciate what we have here at BCFR and what a fun place it is to hang out and share our passion for the sport. If you hadn't put this place together, we wouldn't have that, so thanks Bergler, it's been great bro.

:cheers:

Philip, nice fish...looks like our typical BC fishing weather too! :p

Welcome to BCFR...

·
Retired Administrator
4,447 Posts
Rick, don't for a minute think we won't be looking you up when we are up in your neck of the woods, sorry pal, it's like the Godfather, just when you think you are out of the picture, we will drag you back in lol:)

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
You know I've been a part of this site and the community here since '99. I have to say it is still the best fishing forum in computer land. Like anything else you have to continue to evolve if you want to remain relevant as times change. I think this is another example of the positive continuing evolution of BCFR.

Finder:cheers:

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Amen to what others have said.....big thanks Rick! Have been here since roughly 02/03...and have made a pile of new friends, learned a ton and continue to enjoy the site. :thumbup:

Cheers to ya buddy! :cheers:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts