BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just spent 5 days at a fish camp in the Limberlost Forest Reserve outside Algonquin Park. My seven year old and I were helping my brother in law and his son experience some camping/fishing.

We had propane for power and a hand pump sink. We had a lake, Helve Lake, completely to ourselves.
The reserve has multiple lakes and they keep row boats at each lake. You just have to hike over to the next lake and can try the fishing there.
Species in the area included Rainbows, Brook, Lake, And Smallmouth Bass.
We didn't get any trophys but tried to keep the kids interested with more frequent fish.
Had success with flies on the troll and cast. As well as doing the same with spinners/spoons.
We had a lot of fun one day hiking a couple lakes and just trying casts under the trees where we could.
Very hot and humid...I'll be glad to return to BC.

There was an Osprey nest in the next lake over. They would come to our lake and hit the water like a missile from out of no where. They ran about 50% taking off again with a nice trout. It was awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalku

·
Registered
593 Posts
I love that area. Grew up in Northern Ontario. Lots of lakes in that province. My Dad lives in Muskoka, I still get to visit from time to time.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't been back in a while. We had a family cottage on the south side of Simcoe growing up. It's unbelievable how many lakes are here and how much flora. Of course that's because it's basically the tropics this time of year. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalku

·
Registered
886 Posts
Nice Brookie, spent many a summer days in the Quetico Provincal Park area during my youth, as my family had a cottage in the area. Great place to grow up as a kid. Sure was nice being able to portage from lake to lake. Anyways thanks for sharing the pics. They brought a smile to my face. The memories will never be forgotten! :cheers: Sage

1 - 4 of 4 Posts