BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just got back after 4 amazing days on the Stamp and Sproat Rivers on the Island. WOW what an amazing feeling to have your first ever Steel on the new rod. Here are some great shots of the water we fished. I didnt get to snap my Steelie (10 pound hatch buck) as I took a little spill into the flow and managed to dunk my camera....thankfully it dried out the next day and is working fine....man are those rocks ever slippery on the Stamp!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Nice pics!! Didn't realize there was still so much snow/ice up there. It's all gone here in Comox. The family and I are going up there this summer to go camping.

Nice fish, and glad your camera dried out in time for the 2nd day :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Congrats on your first steel. Looks like a nice few days up there. Thanks for the report. I'm heading over this week for go at some steel!

Hotrod

·
Registered
853 Posts
I loved fishing this river in the fall. I ran into a few locals who were more than accomodating and other than that it was not busy at all. I have a week trip planned for the Island next september and the stamp will be a good three days of it. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Great pics...can't wait to finish things up here in Hong Kong and get back on the river. Know the areas you fished well..from the bucket up to the lake area...did you give it a go along the new trail up from Falls?

Looks like some additional snow from my last venture on the Stamp 10 days ago.

Flatlander

·
Registered
41 Posts
11th Warrior said:
I was actually just checking Murphy's website. Looks like a really nice place.

Try calling them and see what they're reporting.
I thought of that, but being in sales myself, I would think that their response would shed the most positive light as possible on their current drought. I really really want to go (who wouldn't), but I could spend that $600 on a pimp pontoon boat for this springs fly fishing... :yummy:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Murphy's is pretty good that way. I've fished with them for a number of years. In the past, they have told me to put my trip off a week or 2. Might not be a bad idea to give them a call and see what they say.

·
Registered
648 Posts
i have it from reliable sources that there are fish in the river, but they're pretty tight lipped, water is extremely low. If there is no change to the cold weather, it'll be a little bleak. Another problem is that the local First Nations have built a beautiful building, that hangs out over the river, and it is lit up all night . This attracts the fish, who become easy prey for the half dozen seals that have discovered this "all you can eat" bonanza. I'm headed up there next week with a large group, to liven up Murphy's for a couple of days. May even end up fishing the upper, although Matt from Murphy's was skunked up there one day last week. Headed either up to the Gold, or out to Barkley sound, for some winters, prawns, and crab, after the Stamp.

·
Premium Member
2,719 Posts
Sorry ogo...but there are fish in the river...and they have been pounded... the remnance of the (good sized) early run that came in...... there is fish there but they have been through enough. the next rain that (will hopfully) hit and give the river a little colour and flow will bring some new ones in.

Nog knows......(hopin too bud,......)

:drunk:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Hey Fishaholic........Ogobogo is a "camper".............when he gets back i will give him the details. Man, there are some slowwwwwww and snowy days ahead....then plan for the flood........AND some "freshies" ;).........Ortho 8)

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I can't wait for better days myself. It's hard tp pinpoint anything after reading this post. Some say this and others say that..........................I just keep crossing my fingers that I'll be into some more steel there this year.

Hotrod

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.