BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!Went out fishinig today and had one one of my best days ever.Came to the water around 10:00am started working the usual spots of the water that I did in the past 4 days out there.This day seemed kinda special from the beggining.As I had my eyes on the float thought that I saw something rise on the surface of the water around 50 feet to my left.Ciriously I move down from the pool trying not to spook the fish, if there was one, casted far up the water and driffted right above the spot where I thought I saw the fish,nothing.Iwas working a bright pink worm in farely good clarity conditions of the water, try the same spot a few more times,to the left to the right, try deeper even thogh I was 100% sure I was about 15 inches of the bottom,again nothing.As I was reeling in my last cast start walking up water look back one more time and I see fish rise at the exact same spot.Now I'm possitive that the fish is there,try to stay at the same spot where I am not to spook the fish away,I cast far up stream and it drifft down again,nice long drift right above the spot,nothing again, try three more times no results.In the back of my head something told me to try a different presentation,it was hard for me to do so, becouase I already had a steeely take a worm a couple days before on the same water, but I didn't land it,I still did it ,took the worm of put on a home made jig Pink and Purple colours.Casted it out same drift and right at the exact spot where i saw the fish bobber down and she was on.Put up a beautiful fight,i tailed the fish ,couldn't help not taking at least one photo of my first steel,even that I rarely ever take picks by my self.Quickly realeased the fish and there I was all HAPPY and full of confdece,all the weight of my shoulders,walking down the river like I've won the lottery( and I did)It was a wild buck at around 10 pounds I would say.Walking down the river deside to try a couple of more good spots,as I was drifting in about 4 feet of water I knew there was a rock at this spot, I bring the jig in just to make it around the rock and down again, and there she was a nother one,nice fight, Tailed the fish faster then the other one, it was a small hatchery doe,not as chrome as the first one ,but a beauty.I safly release the fish and decide to end my day.Can't complain about a day like that.I put a photo in my profile window,didn't know how to fit into the post but ok,at the end like to ask a question to everyone,now that I know that the fish was in that same spot, and I was fishing the same depth,can't figuere why she didn't take the worm,is it becouase of farly clear water?Becouase both fish were cought on the jig.Thx for listning to the story its nice when you can sare it with someone.Good luck to everybody out there. :thumbup:

· Registered
1,519 Posts
Great day man!

Sometimes that's just the way it is! You always have to be ready to switch up. Perhaps the worm didn't have the action to entice a bite. I sometimes to the same thing and get stuck on one presentation that I know has worked in the past but the promise of catching a fish on something differant males me change. I had the same thing happen to me once with roe. I kept getting little bites through this run but never a solid takedown. So after I switched to a pink worm and got two fish too hammer it in the exact same spot. :-\

That"s the rush of steelheading. Good for you on your day.

Hotrod

· Registered
3,378 Posts
Well this sason is one of "first fish" and now we have another one....You have likely heard from me before on this topic, but lots of times a fish will take a presentation and get off after a headshake or two.....It is time now, to change the gear to a different colour or jig or spinner blade or roebag or whatever. Give the fish 5 minutes or so to settle and chances are that same agressive fish will hammer the next thing you throw in that spot..Good goin' man.........Ahhhh yes, winter steel ;D.....Ortho 8)

· Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thx for the support everybody,told ya I was a fast learner when it comes down to fishing,just kiddin a bit, :thumbup:but still can't get it why she didn't take that worm it was a nice natural drift about 10 inches above the fish.

· Registered
11 Posts
ribolovac said:
Thx for the support everybody,told ya I was a fast learner when it comes down to fishing,just kiddin a bit, :thumbup:but still can't get it why she didn't take that worm it was a nice natural drift about 10 inches above the fish.
if you knew then it would take all the fun out of fishing. somethings are just a mystery. either way, good job on your first 2 steelies.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.