BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 weeks ago was my 1st ever trip ocean fishing in the Charlotte's. Seeing as how I've been living in Kamloops for the past 3 years I've gotten very used to fishing for 2 - 4lbs trout. This was a whole new world for me. 10 - 15lbs Coho ever 5 minuts or less for 14 hours a day, and to end it with the Springs moving in the last morning was perfect. We were staying at the Samson Lodge which was an amazing facility, and the fact that you guide yourself in your own boat with your buddy was even better. I looked around at these other outfits and the guides were cutting the bait, baiting the lines, and when the fish hit they set the hook and handed the rod to the patron? What's up with that? Anyway we went after some halibut because the Coho were everywhere, it's so hard the first time you get a halibut in deep water, you really don't know what the heck is on the end of your line. I came home with 5 - Coho, 1 - Pink, 2 - Spring, 1 - Snapper, 2 - Ling, and 2 - Cod. I vcould ramble on for hours but I'm sure I would start repeating myself on how amazing it was. No words can describe it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts