BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today I took a good buddy from work out fishing my home away from home.

I dont take many people down and do what we did as you can see in the photo's.
He wanted to get back into fishing as he once lived and fished the Skeena.

So here are the photo's,

Now you might think Hmm nice spot, BUT LOOK WHAT WE CROSSED TO GET THERE!

Yes I am a nut when it comes to fishing and will wad across just about anything, For you Die hards that love to wade try this spot next time LMAO

To when my buddy and I made it across we both said to each other no way we are going back through that water, here is a different angle to see what we went through.

One of the reason's I love going deep into the gods land well you seem to hook lots of these!
The first of the day for me a huge Scuplin lol..... It fought hard on the Macdonald today peeling line out.

All in all it was a good day, was able to nail a clean spring that is on my buddy's camera so I will have to wait for him to send them over to me!.

I will not recommend going down into the Canyon, unless you know what you are doing and if you think you have a clue think again! I would not do this crossing with anyone!

The wrong step and your swimming!

· Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well Tom,

Hard to say but I like it for casting way better "BUT" I still love the feel of the hardy!

Ya want to cross that run with me one day Tom :happy: :happy:

Im nutts I know it but sure is nice water in there!

· Banned
279 Posts
It sure is easy wading when your 6'9" and 350 pounds with hair on your palms eh. Diddn't you kill the last guy you saw back there :eek: :D

BTW: Does the hair on your palms ever got stuck in your centerpin well your drifting and doesn't it hurt?

· Registered
691 Posts
super nice pics Rob :thumbup: not many if anyone would be willing to hike in to that slippery rock you guys went through. Nice pic of the sculpin and macdonald ;D

scruffy

· Registered
413 Posts
Man that first picture sure looks alot like a place on Suicide

· Registered
185 Posts
i know where it is and ill agree it is a sketchy trail in, even more so when it is wet. and i dont think id be crossing there either :eek: cap slayer, cant it be fished the same from the other side or were you trying to access another pool?

-fishey

· Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Eh JetboatJim,
No rabbits yesterday just lots of Cougars :happy:

Fishey, nope you cant fish from the other side as it is a rock clif with about 500feet to the top.

I was fishing all the pools and making my way with my buddy down river! I have done it many many times before!

Some of the spots we crossed had deep holes and good thing both of us where big boys and tall that it didnt suck us down!

I have moon walked before crossing a river, but not to when it was flowing like yesterday!

JetboatJim,
I know you know there area to where I was yesterday :peace:

· Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
YG,

Using a rope is just nuts man you get hung up with a rope (twist's around you or something and your toast) not a good idea!

We linked arms and crossed! There was a couple of times we lifted our feet and could not get them back down on the rocks as the force of the water was unreal, it was the under current that was the killer!

No worries on the spot JetboatJim, if people want to try and do what I did........ Well if they dont have a clue at river crossing we will be reading about them in the papers!

· Registered
1,702 Posts
i've done the rope thing. its sketchy. and i've done the partner thing, and thats sketchy too. i wouldn't cross that, i've fallen in 1 time already and that was enough, i'll cross deep water, but that deep water cant have alot of current. u guys are nuts. ;D

· Registered
1,702 Posts
way to give the river away. lol joking ;D anyway i dont usually wear waders on that system, i dont wanna be caught when all of a sudden that dam opens up. the most i'll do is hip waders, wear them when fly fishing cus i cant cast 100ft, average is like 75ft casts. I'll be there is dec, jan, feb, mar. fly fishing for steelies. river doesn't get alot of pressure, not alot of fish, but small river so u can cover almost the whole system in a day. i usually start at badger run and work all the way down to marine drive.

are there any coho that aren't dark in there right now?

· Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LOL but fishey?????

We tried to cross again just up from Sandy and thought better of it. To when we crossed back we had to scale like a goat to get out of there! That one hole is deep and if we slipped game over!

Young Gun,

Who cares like if anyone not knowing the river will do what we did! If they do best of luck to them!

· Registered
41 Posts
That's quite the crossing there! I'm glad the risk paid off with a nice spring - hope to see the picture when you get it.

I went fishing today at the cap, and caught a decent coloured 5-6 lb coho. I stopped by for the last 2 horus of the day and was fishing the rapids below cable pool, but started to doubt that any fish would be moving through. Once I decided to leave, I found a gibbs spoon on a rock. I hadn't chucked one in years, so i thought i'd give it 15 mins in Cable pool. hooked into my first fish almost right away. Lost a couple more after that. Saw a couple decent looking springs lurking around as well.

Has anyone else been having luck at the cap recently?

· Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oh the fish are in there, there where lots in the pools :happy:

Also Young Gun I ran into someone that has fished down in your hole, he was wonder to where you where!

With Cable Pool there will always be fish in there as they have really no place to go other then the cement walls of the hatchery!

The springs we saw down in the pools where all hatchery clipped, fish where shooting past us as we where crossing the river. Some clean and some boots, the coho we did see looked in good shape! I wouldnt want to bonk one down in there as it would be a B*tc# to pack out!

It is a good hike!

You have to watch out for cougars to when you are making your way in there as there are lots moving around! :thumbup: :beerchug:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.