BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The adaptor is from pacific angler, its the sprately model, and what is does is u put the tube on, cinch in it place, and the pressure stops the tube from spinning allowing u to tie the fly. Ask for Ron, Casey, Jason to show u how to work it, very neat product

·
Registered
587 Posts
I just got into these over the last few weeks in smithers. Turned out some great flies and allows a nice short shank hook thus cutting out the huge shank leverage issue. but when tied up on a pretied leader coupled with a perfection loop makes life nice when changing flies. Now it wasn't cold up there, but I think this will help on those cold steel days on the vedder, quick and easy on the fingers. The flies move very nice and they can be quite long for the summer runs up in the bulkley....I have some from a guy I met and fished with in smithers...Turned out to be a simms rep.... but he had some great flies and they produced quite well....I can't remember the name of the pre-tied brand he had but I have some at home and will post some pics. I loved the action and seems to me they would be stronger than the articulated ones...or maybe because I am tying them wrong???

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
if u want to tie a sick fly with a shank load of action and bulk, tie a sparse rhea or ostrich intruder on a snake tube, the ones that a super flexible like rubber, man that thing with squirm like crazy

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
its called a tube adaptor, it clamps to your vise and lets u tie tube flies. Cost about $35- 50, benefits is u can use normal octopus hooks on big flies, so the leverage factor of the old school low water hooks isn't against you, and u dont have to tie a turle knot, u can just tie it on normally or with a loop knot. It lets u stack flies, u can change flies way faster, and u dont need a fly box, just some ziploc bags with the different types of tubes u tied up. U tie the flies the same way u do on normal hooks, the tubes can be made out of metal or plast or rubber, depending on the weight and action u want.

the adaptor i have is the spratley model and i personally love it, because it has a tension collar, once u lock down the wire with tube on it, u turn the tension collar and it completely secures the tube, doesn't spin when tying.

·
Registered
34 Posts
If you are looking for cheap tubing head over to LORDCO. Somewhere I heard that they sold narrow diameter tube that works well so I went and checked it out. Sure enough they do. It's not as stiff as some tubing but with the limited tube tie's I've done it seems to work great.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.