BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Packed up the family and headed over to Northern Vancouver Island for a family reunion/fishing trip.

We started trolling around Bear point and Lizzard Point and it was pretty slow, we managed to hook into one spring and lost it, and that was it only heard of a few salmon being caught... oh well I will be back up there in 2 weeks for another week of fishing so it should be better then HOPEFULLY !!!

We decided to just go after Halibut for the rest of our time there. we used Anchovies,herring,salmon bits. Between 3 of us we got into 9 Halibut around Alert bay fishing about 100-135 feet of water.

RCMP friend with us as he has never fished the ocean (I THINK HE HAS NEVER SEEN THE OCEAN LOL !!) He got in to his first Halibut and was amazed on what they looked like LOL !!!

was a pretty good trip... minus the millions of dog fish and cod attacking our bait every 5 minutes but it was a fun time.

Here is a just a couple of pics

Took a pic of the first 2 halibut and didnt bother taking anymore pics, they all looked the same and mainly all around 15-25 pound range

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Great report freak. Glad to here you got into some halibut as well :thumbup: . We are about to eat some ling cod that I caught. We will have to plan a trip out for a spring on the vedder. Thinking of taking the little guy out for some fly action on the river next weekend.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.