BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In these months of June & on, the lore of being out @ the fishing groundz is brain def- fining, all my budz call me out & I know I should B out there but my starz ain't align'n

But there iz not a thought in my FIBER of life, that I wish I wasn't there.....................soon,... but not soon enough!!!

K

·
Registered
316 Posts
I hear you kh. My name is John and I am a SALT ADDICT:D.

I used to windsurf alot (understatement) in my younger days and grew up on the salt in Departure Bay, Nanaimo. I am drawn to it like a moth to a flame. I fished when younger but not as seriously or more important as passionately like I do now. Offshore fishing has kind of replaced my windsurfing in a way. Having fun and passing on that fun is my main objective with fishing.

I can remember my first trip to the WCVI and it was out of Tofino in my early twenties. I was telling Tofinoguy about it on our last trip. We were in a 15.5' K&C and not alot of safety features to this vessel. We got out to 3 miles or so and it was snotty out (had no business being out there really but......) dropped the first ball down getting the second one ready and BANG. First one on around 20 lbs fought like a freight train. Mangaged to get the second one down and then the first again and BANG double header. Buddy almost fell out of his boat manning the downriggers etc. PURE chaos and I loved every minute of it. On the way in we saw a grey whale breech strait up and it looked like a rock pinnacle or something about 200 yards in front of us. Totally awesome. Picked up our crab traps from the harbour and I have never seen so many in a trap at one time and never seen that size of crab before on the East side of the Island.

We got back to the boat ramp and we both almost fell from the motion sickness and looked like drunken sailers. We both looked at each other and said " bigger boat!"

I've been hooked ever since and can totally understand your withdrawls:peace:.

:cheers:

Sculpin

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
I prefer pepper.....but a bit o' salt doesn't hurt.

It's way better than those bland dishes served up in the water with no taste..............I think it's called "fresh" water??

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I also hear you my brothers.

If it didn't taste the salt there is no sense in fishing for it.

Fishing for trout is like kissing your sister

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also hear you my brothers.

If it didn't taste the salt there is no sense in fishing for it.

Fishing for trout is like kissing your sister
2 frick'n funny fin, it made me bust a gut, it reminded me of my fly chuck'n budz who may B offended
I don't have a sister, so I can't imagine that perversion, guess itz like french'n your dad eh............lol

·
Registered
745 Posts
I mainly fish the Fraser..... quite often in the "Tidal" prtion..... does this count as a salt addiction....(insert smiley!!)

Being so close to the Fraser and running a jet, I want to spend some time on the salt but there never seems to be enough time with the dinos calling me out every weekend I can go........(now insert a big sigh with a smile!)

Mike

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I mainly fish the Fraser..... quite often in the "Tidal" prtion..... does this count as a salt addiction....(insert smiley!!)
Mike
Mike, you don't need to fish in the salt to have the addiction. As long as the fish you are targeting have a salty grin, you're catchin the salt addiction, no doubt,

·
Registered
745 Posts
Mike, you don't need to fish in the salt to have the addiction. As long as the fish you are targeting have a salty grin, you're catchin the salt addiction, no doubt,
Funny thing was talking about it with my son yesterday (16)..... his most memorable day last year was his 8'1" sturgeon followed a couple of hours later with a 40+ pound white spring..... awesome times and memories on that beautiful river.....!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts