BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we arrived Saturday evening where we ate dinner and got ready for the morning fishing. When we woke up the next morning, we were informed that Rolly could not make it to guide so we got Matt instead. First run for the day we come up and wokr it with Roebags, I hit a fish pretty much right away but lost it right at the boat, we work the run without another hit, we go down to some rapids/riffles and stare in awe as 10 bullet steelhead shoot out under the boat, we are really pumped now. We work the next 2 sections of water, In a riffle I'm watching my flaot and see my roebag, the roebag dissapears float goes under and isntantly a bullet doe starts fighting. After a few minutes we land and retain the fish. Heres the pics.

We continuely work the lower with no hits so we decide to head up past the bucket, We fish a few riffley, pocket runs until we come to a deep pool, on my dads 3d drift through, fish on he lands the nice buck

We move up into the next set of runs, and my dad is shortly into another fish (damn I hate bait bans)

We work up above the bucket and down low again with not so much as another bump, we hope to begin day 2 with more success.

On Day 2, due to the heavy rains, the river bumped up alot and had some ice color to it. We start fishing a run and hit nothing, move down hit nothing, move up again, the sun is starting to come up and theres more light on the water, almost right away, bam fish on, but I lost it, fresh roebag,4 more drifts through another fish on and chrome doe to the boat, BONK

(Rodney fix the picture in my album)

After that fish a few drifts later I have another fish on, this time a nice buck

Another 10 minutes and I am into another slightly colroed doe, my dad is really starting to get frusterated as I am up 4-0 in hookups

The river is starting to blow out so we headed up past the bucket, very cool going up there in a boat. My dad is having a slow start and as he is warming his hands, matt hooks one and my dad has to do the ol' rod pass ;D heres some pics of the bucket

My dad now decides its time to catch a fish all by himself ;D so he catches the biggest fish of the trip, a big colored up buck on a pinky nail sized gooey bob

My dad moves to the other side of the run and smacks another on a gooey bob (Sam really misses his roebags now)

I FINALLY hit a fish on a gooey bob and its a nice large colored buck

We start to head down and hook another few fish, I lost all mine but my dad landed a few more. But we didn't bother with pictures. That was our trrip, around 24 fish hooked with 12 of them landed

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Way to go birdman! Looks like steelie heaven for you that day! Matt's my #1 choice when going with Murphy's! There all good but have always managed to get matt. Yeah it's a pretty hairy ride going through the bucket, especially in high water. good on ya guys!

Hotrod

·
Registered
648 Posts
ah, the Stamp River Steelhead, spoiled another, for any other river! Just ask Hotrod ;D

·
Registered
338 Posts
Way to go Birdman. Sounds like you had great trip, especially that second day. As for me, eight hookups, four to the boat, one in my stomach, and a big trout too. We spent all our time fishing the upper reaches; morning in the sproat, afternoon in the stamp, with two fish from each. Fishing at the big dirt cliff on the Stamp (not sure of the name), I boated a 9# and a 14# in two casts. My fishing partner was new to the game, and had a hard time keeping fish on.

This was my first trip to Murphy's, my first time fishing that system from a boat, and I will definitly go back. Nice meeting you and your dad, Birdman. Good luck in the crowds this winter.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Nice work BM. The fish look great. I have fished with Matt a few times, and he always gets the fish. Going back myself in 2 weeks for the annual pilgrimage. Can hardly wait.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Oh yeah I'm wrecked for life now! I'm there every week! By foot and boat!

rking when are you there? I may bump into you again.

Hotrod

·
Registered
235 Posts
Headin over on the 6th, fishing the 7th and 8th. If you are there, let's get together for the beer.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Oh yeah! I'm heading over on the 7th and fishing the 8th.I'll probably hit the river by foot first on the 7th though! See you then dude!

Hotrod

1 - 12 of 12 Posts